Parenting after 35
Options

Superbowl Thoughts

Game was good and full of drama.  We nearly turned it off when the lights turned off.

Commercials were pretty lame, except for the Ram truck Farmers ad, which made me cry.  (I come from a long line of family farmers.) 

Beyonce was ridiculous.  If that's what consistutes "family friendly" these days, then I'm really a big monstrous prude.   She was just lacking the stripper pole... and talent.  :)   Oh, and CBS did use stripper poles in the promo for Two Broke Girls.... horrible.  I also don't need to hear a supermodel make out with some guy in hi fidelity stereo.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Superbowl Thoughts

• Options
    This makes me glad I didn't bother to watch.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageELF4321:
    This makes me glad I didn't bother to watch.

Ditto. I was busy being a butt-kisser and making a cake for my boss's 50th bday today.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought the football was good but Beyonce was only okay and the commercials weren't wildly memorable.  I'm sad football season is over though...it's a long time until next season and I'm not a basketball or baseball fan.
  • Options
    imageBrideBuddies:

Game was good and full of drama.  We nearly turned it off when the lights turned off.

Commercials were pretty lame, except for the Ram truck Farmers ad, which made me cry.  (I come from a long line of family farmers.) 

Beyonce was ridiculous.  If that's what consistutes "family friendly" these days, then I'm really a big monstrous prude.   She was just lacking the stripper pole... and talent.  :)   Oh, and CBS did use stripper poles in the promo for Two Broke Girls.... horrible.  I also don't need to hear a supermodel make out with some guy in hi fidelity stereo.

I missed much of the game - really sad that I missed Alicia Keyes performance because from all that I have heard, she was outstanding.  Heard mixed opinions on Beyonce (love her or hate her I guess).  I missed the 3rd quarter blackout even (my little Peanut was having a rough go of it trying to go to sleep).

From what I saw of the commercials, quality and creativity has really declined over the yeras.  The highlight from what I did see was the Budweiser Clydsdale (tear to the eye).  I saw the Jeep/servicemen via a youtube one of my friends posted and that, to me, was moving...especially given that DH would have been in the midst of a deployment right now had he not retired from the guard last year. 

godaddy.com just turned my stomach.  And apparently that was the general consensus with pretty much every one I know.  I saw someone made the comment that "well, it got people talking, didn't it?"  Yes, it did...but do you really want to be known for a commercial that sickened many???  But then again, I never did like godaddy.com commercials and while I am a racing fan, these commercials are the biggest reason why I am not a fan of Danica Patrick and cannot take her seriously as a driver.

That said...I am ecstatic that my zombies are returning Sunday and pitchers and catchers will soon be reporting!

• Options

The game: eh, last two minutes were worth watching, but overall, na..  The most excitement was the lights going out, and really, they could still see the ball, they could have kept playing, the whole purpose of the Super Bowl is to determine the best of the best, they should be able to play under those conditions..

The ads: Dodge Ram all the way, but boosting them over the top is that for each view of the ad on replay online, Ram brands is donating up to $1M to the National FFA Organization (yes, this is from official sources, it was on my news feed ads, unlike many of the FB "like" and so'n'so will donate $$" things)..  Second would be the Budweiser Clydesdale commercial... 

Halftime show: wtf...  I didn't need to see an ad for jello.  I realize she's a beautiful woman and all, but there was WAY too much jiggl'n going on up on that stage!  As for family friendly, yes, everything was covered with a backup more than most people are going to a beach, I'll give her that much..   But the Destiny's Child bit you could tell things were a bit on the annoyed side up on that stage. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It s-u-c-k-e-d for us, because here in Northern California most people think of the 49ers as "our team". We were thrilled they'd even made it to the superbowl, and after the Giants' awesome win last year, a 49ers' win would have been icing on the cake and something huge to celebrate. But ... just wasn't meant to be, I guess.

I found Beyonce's performance to be really weird, for some reason. I was hoping they'd include the rest of Destiny's Child more. But it felt like Beyonce kind of hogged the spotlight.

The ads were beyond lame. I missed the Go daddy one everyone keeps talking about, though. I thought the Coke one was kind of funny ... don't understand why it was considered so offensive. It just seemed like a lot of silliness that worked as humor. The Budweiser Clydesdale one was adorable, so that was the one highlight of all the ads for us.

Just keeping our fingers crossed now that the 49ers can make it to the next superbowl.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We went to a water park at WI dells, way better use of our time. I got to watch college hoops during nap time:-) . 
  • Options

The commercials were horrible and I agree that many were just disgusting.

Beyonce barely sang anything which I think is really sad. I remember when lip synching was scandalous and now it is the norm. I guess I can't accuse her of lip synching though since she barely sung (or moved mouth) at all.

I was really bummed hat my beloved Niners lost but I am very proud of how far they had come this year!

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Incredibly sad because the Niners lost!! I was so into the game that I didn't pay attention to the commercials or Beyonce. The best part about the Superbowl was the painting my husband did on my baby bump see it here!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers image     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers  image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"