August 2013 Moms

I really feel like my tailbone is broken

So my tailbone is killing me!!! I know its just everything growing and stretching but I sit at a desk all day. Im to the point that baths are hard to take (my one way of relaxation) Does anyone have any advice on how to help the pain?

Thanks..

Re: I really feel like my tailbone is broken

• I think someone mentioned a few days ago that a donut will help alleviate the pressure.

Of course I mean the donut-like pillow, but if a chocolate glazed edible one helps, go for it.

Several years ago I injured my tailbone (I slid onto a couch not noticing a giant screw top medicine bottle there) and it hurt like hell for a few weeks. Try a donut pillow. Or talk to your doctor. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I actually have a fractured tailbone, I slipped on my hardwood stairs a few days ago. I can't even put on my shoes. My husband has to help me get off the toilet. So yeah, I would love just to have tailbone pain due to pregnancy, not one that's actually broken.

Try getting one of those donut pillows from your drug store. I also love my heating pad.

• Loading the player...
  • imageMommyAmes2:
    I actually have a fractured tailbone, I slipped on my hardwood stairs a few days ago. I can't even put on my shoes. My husband has to help me get off the toilet. So yeah, I would love just to have tailbone pain due to pregnancy, not one that's actually broken. Try getting one of those donut pillows from your drug store. I also love my heating pad.

OMG!! I am sorry. I can not imagine that pain. Hope you get better. I will defintely buy the donut and maybe a few real donuts. That usually helps too!

• imageaishaweatherford:

imageMommyAmes2:
    I actually have a fractured tailbone, I slipped on my hardwood stairs a few days ago. I can't even put on my shoes. My husband has to help me get off the toilet. So yeah, I would love just to have tailbone pain due to pregnancy, not one that's actually broken.

Try getting one of those donut pillows from your drug store. I also love my heating pad.

OMG!! I am sorry. I can not imagine that pain. Hope you get better. I will defintely buy the donut and maybe a few real donuts. That usually helps too!

Well of course actual donuts help everything! Delicious!

I just hope to heal by labor time! Laboring with a fractured tailbone would be terrible.

• imageMommyAmes2:
    imageaishaweatherford:

imageMommyAmes2:
    I actually have a fractured tailbone, I slipped on my hardwood stairs a few days ago. I can't even put on my shoes. My husband has to help me get off the toilet. So yeah, I would love just to have tailbone pain due to pregnancy, not one that's actually broken. Try getting one of those donut pillows from your drug store. I also love my heating pad.

Well of course actual donuts help everything! Delicious! I just hope to heal by labor time! Laboring with a fractured tailbone would be terrible.

Yes that would be awful! Im sure by then things will be fine. BTW love the picture of your kids. Very sweet.

• Getting an exercise ball to sit on at your desk instead of your chair helps, even if it is only in thirty minute increments. I also sit at a desk all day- I found the exercise ball tip on the 2nd trimester board and tried it out- LOVE IT! It has helped my back immensely. The one thing is to make sure that you get the correct size, so that when sit with your feet flat on the floor, your hips and back are at a 90 degree angle.

I also take a turmeric supplement (brand name: CuraMed) every day. It is supposed to help with pain and inflammation. I notice when I don't take it that I hurt more. Also, when you take a bath do you use epsom salts? That helps me too, and they're very cheap.

I really miss my muscle relaxers now that I can't take them. :( These other things help though. Good luck!

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageamberyintar:

Getting an exercise ball to sit on at your desk instead of your chair helps, even if it is only in thirty minute increments. I also sit at a desk all day- I found the exercise ball tip on the 2nd trimester board and tried it out- LOVE IT! It has helped my back immensely. The one thing is to make sure that you get the correct size, so that when sit with your feet flat on the floor, your hips and back are at a 90 degree angle.

I also take a turmeric supplement (brand name: CuraMed) every day. It is supposed to help with pain and inflammation. I notice when I don't take it that I hurt more. Also, when you take a bath do you use epsom salts? That helps me too, and they're very cheap.

I really miss my muscle relaxers now that I can't take them. :( These other things help though. Good luck!

Wow all this is very helpful! Did your dr give you the CuraMed? Or is that something i could get at a vitamin shop? And I didnt even think of Epsom salt, great idea!

• OP, I was saying the same thing last week. I had tailbone pain starting around week 7 and I wouldn't wish it on my enemy. I couldn't get comfortable in any position, heating pads didn't work, even Tylenol didn't touch it. One day last week, I woke up and the pain was totally gone. While you're growing and things are shifting around there may be pressure on that area, but as your uterus grows upward, the pain will go away. That's what my OB told me at my 9w appointment and he was right (mine stopped around 13w). I hope you can find some relief soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageaishaweatherford:
    imageamberyintar:

Getting an exercise ball to sit on at your desk instead of your chair helps, even if it is only in thirty minute increments. I also sit at a desk all day- I found the exercise ball tip on the 2nd trimester board and tried it out- LOVE IT! It has helped my back immensely. The one thing is to make sure that you get the correct size, so that when sit with your feet flat on the floor, your hips and back are at a 90 degree angle.

Wow all this is very helpful! Did your dr give you the CuraMed? Or is that something i could get at a vitamin shop? And I didnt even think of Epsom salt, great idea!

I get the CuraMed at a local health food/nutritional supplement store. You can also buy it on Amazon. It's in a yellow bottle. But most any Turmeric supplement should help- as long as you buy it at a vitamin/health food store (not wal-mart). Probably want to double check with your midwife/OB, since I'm not a doctor, you know! :)

And yes, the epsom salts are my bessssst friend. Even if you can't do the exercise ball at work, I find it helps to sit on it at home when I get home from work. I hope you can find some relief! Good luck!

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"