Maryland Babies

He has arrived!

Most of you probably know thanks to FB, but I just wanted to make the formal Bump announcement. ;)  Tyson (nn Ty) Gabriel arrived last Tuesday, January 29th.  After all of that concern about his size, I ended up being augmented that afternoon because the 3 week growth scan update suggested very little weight gain - obviously an estimate with a large margin of error, but at 37w6d and given how much I'd already progressed it seemed like the safer bet.  We got to the hospital early that afternoon and I was checked right away.  Turns out I'd been walking around at 6 cm and 100% effaced without one contraction I'd've rated above a BH.  They broke my water and I was at 10 within the hour.  Did end up getting the epi, again after transition, but it basically just took the worst of the edge off and getting it hurt like hell this time...so I'm not even sure it was worthwhile.

After I hit 10 we waited a bit for him to drop into position - then I got the go ahead and he ended up popping out, sunny side up, after 2 pushes.  Welcome difference from the 2 hours of pushing and 3rd degree tear I had with MC.  He was 6 lb 12 oz and 19 1/2 inches long.

The postpartum hormone crash was rough.  We were out of the hospital and back home the next night and honestly that wasn't a minute too soon.  As soon as I got the 2 boys together things started to improve for me emotionally.  Maddox has been the sweetest big brother so far - incredibly affectionate and attentive and no issues with jealousy, acting out or regression.  We're still early days so I'm sure those moments will come; but so far things have been about 100 times better than I could have hoped.

lovelylittleworld
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d

Re: He has arrived!

• Yay for the "official" TB announcement Smile Your boys are too cute and it's really stunning how much Ty looks like Maddox did as a newborn!!

Who delivered Ty, out of curiosity? I forgot to ask you before!

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • I'm so happy for you and I will reiterate what I put in your FB I think his name is so awesome! Where did you come up with that?! I LOVE it. Just love it.

I had a bad hormone rush when we got home too lots of tears and my mom and DH forcing me to sit down and relax instead of doing whatever I was trying to do.

He looks like Maddox!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats!!  What a great picture of your two boys :)  I have heard the second time around (for some) is an easy couple of pushes. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Congrats!  Glad to hear that your delivery went well and everyone is adjusting well!

He's adorable! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Congrats! He's beautiful! I was actually thinking about you and wondering if you had delivered. I know that seems weird and I swear I'm not a stalker! 
    scrunched up face
  • Huge congrats to you, B and M!! There is no doubt they're brothers and they're both so, so adorable!! Hope you're getting some rest and enjoying every minute with your boys!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Someone's getting a little brother!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Congrats on your newest addition, L!

He is so handsome and does look so much like M.

Good luck with the transition and enjoy yourself with your boys! 

• I am so very happy for you guys!! You have two of the cutest boys ever.

I can't wait to see more pics of Ty!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • congrats Lisa!  So happy to hear everything is going well. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yay! Congrats to you and yours! Cute picture!
    Hope (32), James (36), Sophee (1 year old), McKenzee (7 weeks) CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
  • Yea, congrats again!  I know what you mean about the crash, we went home 2 days PP after my c-section (well I guess it was less than 48 hours because I was in labor in the hospital for almost 20 hours before I had my C/S) and I would have been happy if it were sooner.  After the initial bliss and adreneline wore off I was so anxious, I just wanted to get home to our house, I hated being away from John that long. So glad you are home and all is well!
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Congratulations!  We are so happy for you!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Congrats! What a cutie!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations! He is beautiful and his name is awesome!!
  • imagenynews:
    Congrats! He's beautiful! I was actually thinking about you and wondering if you had delivered. I know that seems weird and I swear I'm not a stalker! 

Me too!  I checked here a few days ago to see if you had your babe yet.  Congratulations!  It's lovely that it went well for you! I hope these next few weeks are a smooth transition for you!

• Congratulations!! He is so cute! Funny, I also had my daughter at 37 weeks, 6 days and was walking around 80% effaced. I had GD with that pregnancy and she didn't grow much either, which is why I think she came early. So happy everything has worked out and he is doing well!
    Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks, all.  We are pretty smitten with him so far. ;) 

SK, Dr. Esposito delivered him and was WONDERFUL.  No surprise there.  He did a lot to make up for the not-so-warm-and-fuzzy nurse that we suffered through in L&D.

Megcheer, the name was so totally out of the blue.  Brad and I were really struggling to agree on something and somewhere around 24 weeks we were in the car and I ran Tyson by him.  He fell for it immediately and it worked for me - love the nn Ty and think it works well with Maddox since both are different without being too "unique".  That being said, I wanted a middle name that was a little softer and more traditional to balance it out.  Have always loved the name Gabriel and its Old Testament roots - and as a middle name you lose the risk of Gabe as a nn (which I really really don't like). 

lovelylittleworld
  • Congratulations, he is so cute. Looks so much like his big brother!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congratulations!

• Congratulations!! M looks so proud of his baby brother. Beautiful!
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Congrats! What a beautiful photo of the two little handsome boys.
  • Congratulations!! he's gorgeous!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thank you, all.  We're doing well so far.  And as of yesterday morning we are clear of the bris and I am breathing  a huge sigh of relief.  A friend of my mother's who was there posted a few pics to FB this morning that I'm thrilled to have.

I don't think I looked up from the floor from the time I walked in with him to the announcement that it was over and everyone was welcome to join us for lunch in the dining room.

imageLoveLossHopeRepeat:

I love you.

I love those boys.

So ecstatically over-the-moon happy for you, B, M, and T. Cannot wait to see you, dollface! Congratulations on your sweet baby boy (who OMG looks so much like MC!!)! 

Love you, honey.  xoxx

lovelylittleworld
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"