Special Needs

VQ scan...help?

My son has to have a VQ scan of his heart/blood flow to his lungs with the radioactive dye.  His appointment is at 9 am next wednesday and he cannot eat anything for 6 hours before...  any help of how to keep my little guy from being pissed about not being able to eat would be appreciated.
image image image

Re: VQ scan...help?

• Yea, that sucks.  We've had to fast a few times for various procedures and it just sucks.  The worst was recently when my 4yo had anesthesia to get a tooth pulled an the appointment was at 1pm.  He was PISSED.

No advice, just good luck!

• We have had to fast alot, more times than I can count, starting at young ages.  It's just something you have to do, so the less you think about it and how much it's going to suck the better.  

I don't know how old your son is but if he is still on a bottle/boob I would feed him just before the cut off time, even if that means waking up in the middle of the night/or at an abnormal time.  

And just distract, we have been lucky in that it's the AFTER waking up that's been unpleasant, opposed to the before most of the time.

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Loading the player...
  • my little guy is 6 months old
    image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"