Nurseries and Baby Gear

Orbit Baby G2 Stroller

I'm 14 weeks along, soon to be a FTM with one niece. Ive watched my sister buy carrier, car seat, and stroller again and again and again, as she has grown. And she is only 18 months. I found the Orbit Baby G2 Travel system and fell in love, with the design, functionality, and durability. It includes the stroller, carrier (which fits anywhere from newborns to toddlers), and car seat for $940. A little rich for my blood, however the reviews and 'creature features' included make it seem well worth the stretch. Has anyone ever owned one, used one, or known someone who loved theirs?

Heres a link to the product:  https://www.orbitbaby.com/en/products/stroller-travel-system-g2/

Re: Orbit Baby G2 Stroller

• You don't have to spend $900+ to get a good, quality stroller.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Although I was in love with Stokke Xplory, or Bugagboo, we are going with Orbit, too, because we didn't want to buy a separate car seat, a car seat adaptor, and a stroller for different stages, etc. I know two friends who had orbit and loved how easy it was.

• Loading the player...
  • If you have money like that more power to ya go for it.

BUT I never bought diffrent strollers as my kid grew.... I had a travel system used the carseat with the stroller untill my baby out grew the carseat than we only used the stroller.

The only time I got a new stroller is when I had two kids I bought a sit n stand off the clearance rack at target for $50.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry, but that is an INSANE amount of money to spend on a stroller, even if it does include a car seat. Consider other higher-end brands like Bugaboo, Bumbleride, and Uppababy - they are quite a bit less (almost half the price) and still well-reviewed.
    Sunshine_zps3fcf529f
    BFP #1 on 8/11/12 | natural m/c at 5 weeks
    BFP #2 on 10/20/12 | due 6/28/13 Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageladygrey919:
    Sorry, but that is an INSANE amount of money to spend on a stroller, even if it does include a car seat. Consider other higher-end brands like Bugaboo, Bumbleride, and Uppababy - they are quite a bit less (almost half the price) and still well-reviewed.

This, and none of them look like a toilet on wheels :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • I loved the Orbit at first but ended up with the Chicco Keyfit 30 and the Uppababy Vista.  I am SO glad I didn't get the Orbit.  It's just wasn't a good stroller for my needs.  I needed better tires and a big basket and the Orbit didn't have either of those things.  You also have to take the seat off to fold it and that sounded awful. You need to think about what you really want in a stroller and then go from there. Where are you going to use, what is the primary purpose, etc.  

Spend whatever you want to spend but get something that meets your needs, not just something that looks cool.   

image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • imageTX-Bride:

Although I was in love with Stokke Xplory, or Bugagboo, we are going with Orbit, too, because we didn't want to buy a separate car seat, a car seat adaptor, and a stroller for different stages, etc. I know two friends who had orbit and loved how easy it was.

It's funny. We loved the same strollers. We ended up with the Stokke for DD - but this time around I'm either doing a bugaboo or orbit! I'd stick with the Stokke but we got the pink one, and the new stroller has come out and I'd want to buy a whole new stokke, so why not try something else! 

Married my BEST FRIEND on December 1, 2007. Started TTC in March 2008. Found out we were expecting our first child in October 2008 - but had a m/c in December 2008 - resulting in a d&e. Met with a RE in May 2009 and set a plan - but conceived unexpectedly on our own! Our precious little Sophia was born on February 9, 2010! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • If possible, go to BuyBuyBaby or another store that carries high end baby items and test run any stroller you're interested in.  Walk around the store, fold it up, lift it, do tight turns, ect.  That way you'll know for sure if it's worth the price you're going to pay.

however long the night, dawn will break.

• Or a golf cart!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • imageLittleApple:
    Or a golf cart!
    LOL, yeah!
  • Thanks for the constructive responses. I know $1000 is steep but I'm not looking into it because I think it looks cool or because its expensive so it must be amazing. The testimonials/reviews alone make it sound worth it. I believe in quality over quantity and was mainly asking to see if anyone had personally used/owned one. My sister (who I mentioned has gone through too many strollers) now wants the Bugaboo Donkey ($1200) bc she feels it will last with her baby on the way and my now 18 month old niece. I looked at the Bugaboo Chameleon as well which runs $980 and does not include the car seat option and the Bugaboo Bee which is $650 but once again doesn't offer the same features or security. Once again thank you for all of the advice!
  • The seat is crazy-heavy IMO.

• imageebp913:

I loved the Orbit at first but ended up with the Chicco Keyfit 30 and the Uppababy Vista.  I am SO glad I didn't get the Orbit.  It's just wasn't a good stroller for my needs.  I needed better tires and a big basket and the Orbit didn't have either of those things.  You also have to take the seat off to fold it and that sounded awful. You need to think about what you really want in a stroller and then go from there. Where are you going to use, what is the primary purpose, etc.  

Spend whatever you want to spend but get something that meets your needs, not just something that looks cool.   

You will take your seat off of your Vista for a year. Bassinet. Off to fold. Seat facing you. Off to fold. Same thing if you ask me. 

• It is NO ONES business what you spend on a stroller. I own purses that are $2k and I'm sure that doesn't work with everyone else's lifestyle or budget, but it works for me. In my world $1K is the going rate for a great quality stroller. I don't judge people who can't or won't spend that and people shouldn't be judging your budget imo. There is a major difference in strollers that are a few hundred dollars to the ones that are $700-$1100 from my personal use and experience. I have an Orbit and love it. The infant car seat alone was reason for me to purchase it. I was very impressed by the added features, but more important the added safety testing they voluntarily do and the safety features they voluntarily add. EPP foam is worth $1000 alone in my opinion. It also helped that the stroller, bassinet and stroller seat are awesome. We have an active life, constantly going in and out of places, cars, restaurants etc and this stroller made many trips with us. I also find the Orbit customer service incredible. It can convert to a true double as well which is nice. I also have a Bugaboo Cameleon which I love as well for different reasons. I think both of these strollers are better quality and push than my friends UPPAbaby Vistas, though I still think the Vista is a very good stroller. 
  • imageGirlWithTheMostCake:
    It is NO ONES business what you spend on a stroller. I own purses that are 2k and I'm sure that doesn't work with everyone else's lifestyle or budget, but it works for me. In my world 1K is the going rate for a great quality stroller. I don't judge people who can't or won't spend that and people shouldn't be judging your budget imo. There is a major difference in strollers that are a few hundred dollars to the ones that are 7001100 from my personal use and experience. I have an Orbit and love it. The infant car seat alone was reason for me to purchase it. I was very impressed by the added features, but more important the added safety testing they voluntarily do and the safety features they voluntarily add. EPP foam is worth 1000 alone in my opinion. It also helped that the stroller, bassinet and stroller seat are awesome. We have an active life, constantly going in and out of places, cars, restaurants etc and this stroller made many trips with us. I also find the Orbit customer service incredible. It can convert to a true double as well which is nice. I also have a Bugaboo Cameleon which I love as well for different reasons. I think both of these strollers are better quality and push than my friends UPPAbaby Vistas, though I still think the Vista is a very good stroller.nbsp;

Thank you! Since you have both that I've been looking at, which do you ind works better on all terrain? I live on the 1 rated beach in the US and plan on bringing baby or walking the beach with the stroller. Have you tried either on sand? Also I take my dog to the park pretty frequently so grass and uneven terrain is also a concern.
  • imageAlwzdancing:
    imageGirlWithTheMostCake:
    It is NO ONES business what you spend on a stroller. I own purses that are 2k and I'm sure that doesn't work with everyone else's lifestyle or budget, but it works for me. In my world 1K is the going rate for a great quality stroller. I don't judge people who can't or won't spend that and people shouldn't be judging your budget imo. There is a major difference in strollers that are a few hundred dollars to the ones that are 7001100 from my personal use and experience. I have an Orbit and love it. The infant car seat alone was reason for me to purchase it. I was very impressed by the added features, but more important the added safety testing they voluntarily do and the safety features they voluntarily add. EPP foam is worth 1000 alone in my opinion. It also helped that the stroller, bassinet and stroller seat are awesome. We have an active life, constantly going in and out of places, cars, restaurants etc and this stroller made many trips with us. I also find the Orbit customer service incredible. It can convert to a true double as well which is nice. I also have a Bugaboo Cameleon which I love as well for different reasons. I think both of these strollers are better quality and push than my friends UPPAbaby Vistas, though I still think the Vista is a very good stroller.nbsp;
    Thank you! Since you have both that I've been looking at, which do you ind works better on all terrain? I live on the 1 rated beach in the US and plan on bringing baby or walking the beach with the stroller. Have you tried either on sand? Also I take my dog to the park pretty frequently so grass and uneven terrain is also a concern.

Ive gone to the beach with both. For beach / sand / hills the Cameleon is better. Feel free to PM me any questions!

• We bought the Orbit with DD and have never regretted it. Amazing design, amazing customer service. It is well worth the money and extremely safe. We will be buying the sidekick for DD when the baby is born. We love that we can continue to,grow the system with our needs. It is also super easy to travel with. We bought the bassinet and DD slept in it for four months. I highly suggest Orbit gear.
  • If you love it and can afford it go for it! We bought the orbit infant seat and the bugaboo donkey. I bought the donkey because it transforms into a double stroller. This was before the orbit came out with the double helix. I love my donkey and LOVE my orbit infant seat. Don't let anyone give you crap about the price, if its something you can afford then don't feel bad about it! 
  • Definitely agree that you should not be judged based on how much/little you want to spend on our stroller.  It is a personal choice and only you are the judge of what you can or cannot afford. 

I actually got a britax system because my friends told me I would be crazy to spend more on a high end stroller, and I have seriously regretted it ever since.  The Britax is an ok stroller but it definitely does not handle like a high end stroller--the turning, pushing, handling all seem to require more effort and I always feel like I am fighting it.  For the second baby I am definitely considering the donkey as well (yes I know it's expensive but I think it would be worth it to feel happy and satisfied every time I used it vs feeling frustrated and angry).  

Just my $.02. 

• imageladygrey919:
    Sorry, but that is an INSANE amount of money to spend on a stroller, even if it does include a car seat. Consider other higher-end brands like Bugaboo, Bumbleride, and Uppababy - they are quite a bit less (almost half the price) and still well-reviewed.

FYI...the Bugaboo is NOT quite a bit less. I bought my cousin her Bugaboo for her first born and dished out $1,200 for it (she had to get a car seat seperately too). I can't speak for the others because I honestly never looked into them.

To OP I have the Orbit and love it! It is so easy to use and convenient. DD was small so we were able to use the infant seat for a year. I was actually bummed when we had to switch her. I just got the Double Helix upgrade attachment and hope that I love it just as much (I only tested it out at the store). I believe that you pay for what you get, and I think the Orbit is worth every penny.

Mr.&Mrs. Ash&Vic Est.1.21.2006 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"