November 2012 Moms
Options

Cradle cap? :(

So I have been looking it up because I'm pretty sure my son has it. His head is all dry and flaky and has sort of an oily smell. I bathe him every other night, so I know he's not just dirty.  

Has anyone ever dealt with this before? What should I do? I bought this cradle cap treatment (shampoo stuff) that came with a little brush. Doesn't seem to be working much though :/ 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Cradle cap? :(

• Options
    My pedi says head shoulders. It's not completely gone, but better...
  • Options

Wash with olive oil and leave it on for a day......helps....

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    cradle crap sucks, but you just have to keep scrubbing and moisturizing and it will go away.

• Options
    B has this too and it is very common!

Pedi suggested a similar shampoo which has worked well for us. We also use a brush. We put oil on his head under a hat for a day and then washed it off at night. Worked well for us.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Use a bit of baby oil and a comb to get all the flakes loose and wash daily. Got rid of his dry scalp in a few days
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Mustella makes a great shampoo for cradle cap, also. My friend had good luck with it when none of the above rememedies worked.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I lather on hydrocortisone and let it in. I usually put a little hat on if I'll be laying her down to keep it on. I also use head and shoulders. Both my girls had/have it and this is the only thing that works. It is usually hone for a few days then starts creeping back, at which point I lather on cortisone again. I remember regretting not finding the hydrocortisone earlier with dd1, it was such an easy treatment.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    When I bathed K, I put the wash I always use (Aveeno night time baby wash) on a rag, placed the rag on her head and used my finger tips to scratch the flaky areas. Then brush with a soft bristled brush once out of the bath. While feeding her, I would pick at the scales. Went away in a week. Good luck!
    TTC #1 BFP 6/1/2011 blighted ovum d&c 7/15/11
    TTC #2 BFP 12/6/11 chemical pregnancy natural mc 12/18/11
    TTC #3 BFP 3/19/12. 4/9: HR of 134! **Bake Turkey, Bake!**
    **All ALs Welcome**
  • Options

imageBabyMakes 3:
    Use a bit of baby oil and a comb to get all the flakes loose and wash daily. Got rid of his dry scalp in a few days

This is what we are doing. 

image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrsLele:
    Mustella makes a great shampoo for cradle cap, also. My friend had good luck with it when none of the above rememedies worked.
    I haven't tried this but heard it works great. By the way I absolutely love your French bulldog! I want one soooo bad!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Try Vaseline!
    image                 image
    Lilypie - (52Ft)

• Options
    My pedi suggests Selsun Blue and/or hydrocortisone. We have been using the Selsun Blue on LO's head and it is completely gone. We use the hydrocortisone on his eyebrows because he had it a little there too. That is also working, just not as fast.

• Options

imageBabyMakes 3:

This.

V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you so much ladies! I am going to try all this stuff. He has it a little on his eyebrows too, so I hope it works:) the flakes drive me crazy, I just want to pick at it all day lol
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I forget the shampoo my pedi recommended but she gave me a script for hydrocortisone and a sample of triple cream. So far we've only used triple cream but L's head is looking much better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"