Cloth Diapering
Options

Rash Issue

A little back story, my daughter never had diaper rash until she turned a year old, which coincidentally was when she got her first tooth and started whole milk.  We had always cloth diapered with no issues until about the 1 year mark.  Then she proceeded to get terrible rashes/blisters until we finally potty trained her at 22 months.  We've used every natural, over the counter and prescription cream known to man and they never cleared up 100% until she potty trained.  Our pediatrician said to stop using cloth diapers but I don't understand why for a year we can go without a single diaper rash and then BAM we can't get rid of it.

Now I'm having the same exact issue with my son. He didn't get his first tooth until a few days before his 1st birthday and now all of a sudden he is getting diaper rashes and blisters.  He hasn't had a single diaper rash the first year of his life.

Has anyone else had this problem?  Do you have any secret remedies that I haven't already tried?  I'm at at total loss and I don't know if I should just chalk it up to teething or if there's some other issue I'm missing.

DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Rash Issue

• Options
    I haven't had this exact issue, but my first thought is actually a senstivity/allergy to something LO is eating.  Like maybe the whole milk?  Or something that you have fed your LOs once they get teeth? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• Options

imageCLLDLL:
    I haven't had this exact issue, but my first thought is actually a senstivity/allergy to something LO is eating.  Like maybe the whole milk?  Or something that you have fed your LOs once they get teeth? 

I had originally thought that it might the whole milk but I have been giving my son almond milk and it's still happening.

DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Does he get rashy regardless, or does it start after he poops?
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options

A reaction to acidic foods?  Tomatoes, oranges, strawberries, pineapple?

My daughter gets a rash if we don't changer her shortly after she poops.  Also, loose BM can cause her to become very red.  We had this same problem when she got her first few teeth, but I think it had more to do with the loose BM.

• Options
    imagesarenu1:

A reaction to acidic foods?  Tomatoes, oranges, strawberries, pineapple?

My daughter gets a rash if we don't changer her shortly after she poops.  Also, loose BM can cause her to become very red.  We had this same problem when she got her first few teeth, but I think it had more to do with the loose BM.

He actually doesn't eat any of those foods, with the exception of tomato sauce with pasta.   

DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageInto+the+Kitty:
    Does he get rashy regardless, or does it start after he poops?

He seems to be read even after he pees but gets blistery after he poops. His poop is no longer solid, it's back to the peanut butter-y stage or really runny. 

DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"