Philadelphia Babies

New job new baby

I just found out I am pregnant and I was just offered my dream job. What should I do? Do I take the job? Do I tell them right away, or wait a while until I tell everyone? Or do I stay at my current job, which pays less and I hate? Help please!! Also can I take maternity leave in 8 months? The prediction is that ill be due in October.

Re: New job new baby

• Congrats on the offer and the baby.  If I were in your shoes I'd take the job and tell them about the pregnancy when I tell everyone else.  I'm assuming you're planning on going back to work after the baby arrives.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You are pregnant, not terminally ill!  Take the job, and tell them when you tell everyone else.  Then have the baby, go on leave, and have a great job to come back to! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just did this too...I told them like 3 weeks after i stated...no biggie...they were really happy..CONGATS on everything!! 
  • Thank you I am going for it I will tell then after the first trimester!
  • Thank you so much! I am excited!
  • I completely agree--take the job--but make sure you talk to your employer about your expectations for time off when you tell them. I dont think you'd be covered under any short term disability policies so you may not be able to count on that financially.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"