Austin Babies

Tail bone pain!!!

I am 4 months pregnant and have had pain in my tail bone area since about month 2. My Dr. said she has only had 1 other patient, in her career, have this pain so early in pregnancy. She didn't really tell me what I could do about it. All she said was it was caused by the the hormone relaxin released during pregnancy. The pain is unbearable on days I am more active (I don't like the idea of taking Tylenol while pregnant) but I can't imagine sitting down for 5 more months! Does anyone have any advice or suggestions about this?

Re: Tail bone pain!!!

• I am in the same boat. I am 15 weeks pregnant and have been having tail bone pain since about the time we found out I was pregnant.  It is not all the time but seems to be worse when it is cold outside or I get into some weird position.  I even had to use my husband as a crutch the other day.  Believe me, I feel your pain.
  • I actually snagged some squares of memory foam topper and made it into a pillow. i covered with fabric to make it less blah... i have one for home and work. ( i was to cheap aka lazy to get a premade one).

I was having same pain, and I am not even to 3 months yet. Shifting and moving wasnt helping alot...and i figured  I would need it later.
  • Loading the player...
  • I had similar pain early in my pregnancy.  I did some research and found that most of the symptoms pointed to sciatic nerve pain.  (My tail bone felt bruised and it was miserable to sit.  I also had severe pain in my butt/down my leg to the point it was hard to walk-sometimes my leg would even give out because of the pain).  

I researched stretches and exercises to relieve sciatic nerve pain. I found the 2 things that helped the most were doing pelvic tilts against the wall (taking the stress off of my lower back) and starting to sleep with a pillow between my legs.  I got a "snoogle"- they are a bit pricey but I would recommend it (or something similar) to anyone.  Even my husband loves snuggling with it.

I was terrified that the pain would last the whole pregnancy, but I'm happy to report that not long after I started doing some exercises and stretches targeted towards taking the strain off of my lower back and sciatic nerve the pain went away.  I'm now 8 months along and don't have the pain at all (knock on wood).

Hope this helps!  Good Luck! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"