Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Foods = overwhelmed

My daughter is 6 months old. She's been eating baby food for about two months. I've given her mashed up bananas and some fresh veggies, but I'm just a little overwhelmed at what else to give her. Do I make my own purees? Do I just give her what we are eating? Do I need to mash up what we are eating in order for her to eat? I've been researching, but it's just too much. The doctor says one thing, my mom another. Can anyone else help me out?

Re: Foods = overwhelmed

• Im still doing purees... but will start exploring more BLW once he starts cutting teeth (yep, still none here)

so far, we have done:

avocados, carrots, peas, green beans, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, yellow squash, spaghetti squash, pears, applesauce, bananas, blueberries.

It is pretty overwhelming, but you will get the hang of it! Making it can be a lot of fun, and so much cheaper (and healthier) in the long run.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Take a deep breath!!!

It is a very overwhelming process, but I have found that I have also been over thinking it myself!  FTM craziness :)

We do purees, but there is also this thing called Baby Led Weaning, where you skip purees and just give "real" food, like what you and DH are eating.  DS mostly gets purees but we are also trying more solid foods that I cut up into pea sized pieces, and he's getting pretty good at it!  I'm trying to slowly give more "solid" food as opposed to purees but he loves them both.

So far we have done: sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, pears, peas, apples, banana, oatmeal, barley, carrots, squash, zucchini, acorn squash, apricots, mango, yogurt, and prunes.  I'm having fun mixing different combos together and he loves everything he eats!  I also give him cheerios, puffs, yogurt melts and other Gerber finger food snack type things.

Try this website:  www.wholesomebabyfood.com it's been really really helpful for me!

HTH!

Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1: May 2011
    BFP: 10/27/2011 |  EDD: 6/30/12
    DS born 6/28/12 via C/S 3 

TTC #2: September 2018
    Me: 36 | DH: 39
    Mirena removed 9/13/2018 after 6 years
    BFP 11/11/2018 | MC @ 5.5 weeks on Thanksgiving
    July 2019 - Diagnosed with Secondary Unexplained IF
    August 2019 - 2.5 mg of Letrozole = Never Ovulated so Trigger and IUI were cancelled
    9/30/2019 - IUI #1 (5 mg of Letrozole + Trigger) =  BFP but Betas showed CP @ 4 weeks
    10/28/2019 - IUI #2 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Trigger) = BFN
    11/25/2019 - IUI #3 (7.5mg of Letrozole, Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    12/24/2019 - IUI #4 (7.5mg of Letrozole + Crinone after IUI) = BFN
    1/24/2020 - IUI #5 (50mg of Clomid + Trigger + Crinone after IUI) = BFN and an Ovarian Cyst
    3/2/2020 - Taking a break to reset/NTNP
    11/1/2020 - At peace with where things are in life and are no long actively TTC. Whatever happens will happen and it will all be okay. <3

• Loading the player...
  • I'm glad I'm not the only FTM who is inevitably over thinking this. She loves mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes. I've given her mashed up bananas and pancakes as well. I think the thing that I'm mostly worried about is that she doesn't have teeth and how big to make the pieces so she doesn't choke. My DH is worried that I'm trying to early to give her solid food.
  • We still don't have teeth at 8 months here, and we give anything we can think of that's simple. we won't give pizza or baked ziti just yet, but she gets plain pasta, bread, cheese, any toppings, ground meat, etc. All the veggies get extra cooked, so they are mushy and fall apart easily. Essentially at this point, she is good with gumming things so anything you don't really need teeth for is a go. We started with puffs, only because she can get used to having to chew instead of smush, but they also dissolve, so if she couldn't chew just yet, she wasn't trying to swallow something that was too big.
    For my little man...I only knew you in my heart. D&C 3/1/11 EDD 9/8/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You should check out this site: https://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/ it's what I used as we started with foods and things. I would say definitely listen to the doctor over anyone else but that's just my opinion.

We started with purees and things and that's what we are still doing until otherwise by the doctor.

imageimage
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"