Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

magic sleepsuit

Anyone's babies still in magic sleep suit?  My DD is 7 months old and still in it. We've tried taking her out and it has not gone well so she's still in it.  My DD doesn't really roll ever either and I'm thinking it may be related. Just curious if any of you are experiencing the same things.

Also, on a side note...any tips to get her out of the suit. I'm dreading it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: magic sleepsuit

• Options
    Sorry no tips but I'm right there with you. LO has started sucking her thumb and she can get it in the suit but its a stretch so I thought hey maybe if I put her in a sleep sack instead she can get her thumb and it will be all good. NOT GOOD AT ALL. She wiggled all around the crib and freaked herself out flipping around. I love that sleep suit and I have no idea what we will do when she is too big for it. We just got the large size.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Today is my first night with our it I am going cold turkey he rolls both ways but in the suit he will roll to him stomach and can't roll back and wakes up crying so I think it's time Borg naps went well. Ill let you know
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

i went cold turkey with it, and it really only took a day and a half.

the first day, i tried it for naps, and she couldn't put herself to sleep in a sack like how she could with the suit, so she was crying, and i got discouraged and gave up. so back to the sleep suit that night.

the second day, i was determined, and really the only bad part was the first nap. she could NOT fall asleep. eventually, i got her to sleep, and then the second nap took only 8 minutes to go down, and then the 3rd nap only 5 minutes to go down. i debated on using the sleep sack overnight, but i'm SO glad i did, because she only took 5 minutes to go down, and slept her usual 12-13 hours straight.

it can be done! it's just VERY discouraging at first! i was surprised it didnt take as long as i thought it would with the beginning being so rough.  

• Options

We just took my son out of it about a week ago.  It took about three nights for him to be back to normal. 

I am convinced the sleep suit had a lot to do with him being a late roller.  He rolled some in months three and four, then, just stopped.  He started rolling a ton in the last week, and is now a side sleeper in his crib. It's just interesting to me that he stopped rolling right around when we transitioned him to the crib (used to swing and swaddle, then did the suit when he went to the crib), then started again when we went out of the suit.  I really think there is something to when we read about babies "practicing" their milestones at night in their cribs!

I have to say too, it's SO nice to not feel like we are chained to that suit. It's so nice not to have to worry about it anymore.

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    interesting. DD was also a late roller. i wonder if it really is the suit now.
  • Options
    No sleep suit last night and he slept amazing it is 7 and still asleep he usually wakes around 530 slept on his stomach all night
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about that. My son was an early roller and he has been in swaddle or sleep suit. As long as they get plenty of tummy time, they are fine.
  • Options

Thank you guys. Glad to hear Im not alone.  We tried getting her out of it for night sleep about a month ago and she woke up after being asleep for an hour screaming and let her cry for a few minutes then going in and soothing her...after 45 min she threw up everywhere and I gave up and put her back in suit.  I couldn't handle it so now I'm completely stressing about trying it again :(  My DD rolled both ways early on at about 4 months but then stopped and doesn't do it anymore. Im' convinced its from the suit but whow knows.

• Options
    I, like you, tried to transition my son out of the sleep suit about a month ago, and it did NOT work. And I have been dreading the day he grows out of it. But then 2 nights ago he rolled over in it, and I don't feel like it's safe anymore. So I went cold turkey, and he slept over 9 hours straight without it last night! So relieved :-) Hope it's not a fluke. His naps were about an hour and a half each today as well. On his belly. So I guess that's how he wanted to sleep! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"