June 2011 Moms
Options

Toddler bed transition success!

ok, hopefully I'm not jinxing myself by saying this, but it's been a week of DD sleeping in her new bed and it went super smooth!  Not only a new bed (we're doing a twin mattress/box spring on the floor with a rail), but a totally new bedroom as well.  We had to transition now because I want to start putting DS in the crib in the nursery soon.

We started off with putting her in the bed for a nap and that went well so we went cold turkey and put her there overnight too.  She wasn't scared about the new room at all and stays in the bed and only gets down when we come to get her!  I'm very impressed.  :)  She acts like this is normal and she's always been sleeping there.

Anyway, just wanted to give some hope to those that are worried about transitioning.  :)  DD is pretty easy-going in general and she sleeps on a cot at daycare so these things may have helped, but still it's possible for it to go smooth!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Toddler bed transition success!

• Options

Glad to hear she transitioned well Smile

My DD did the same- we were out one day and bought a toddler bed on a whim. Went cold turkey that night, and it was no different- as if she had been sleeping in it for months. A few weeks later she would sometimes get up and sleep in random parts of her room, but I wasn't worried about it.

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • Options
    Good to hear.  I've been debating on when to try and transition DD.  I don't know whether to do it before the new baby comes or wait until a couple months afterwards.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yay!  Glad it went well. We did it this weekend in a whim, too, and it's going great so far. I can't believe it's time for this step, though!

Lilypie - (JzKZ) Lilypie - (DgGJ)

• Options
    Thanks for sharing - I'm terrified for the transition. Fingers crossed that mine goes as peacefully as yours! :)
    TTC 7+ years - 3 failed IUI's; not going the IVF route; stopped treatment December 2013.

Became licensed for Foster Care: March 2011
    Adoption Finalized: December 2013

LISTEN TO THE MUSN'TS CHILD, LISTEN TO THE DON'TS.
    LISTEN TO THE SHOULDN'TS, THE IMPOSSIBLES, THE WONT'S.
    LISTEN TO THE NEVER HAVES, THEN LISTEN CLOSE TO ME.
    ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN, CHILD, ANYTHING CAN BE.
    -Shel Silverstein

• Options
    we did this as well recently, in the begining he acted like it was normal. now somehow he has completely regressed having a hardtime even putting him down for a nap. has this happen to anyone else?
    "Babies are bits of stardust, blown from the hand of God." -- Barretto
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"