Dads & Dads-to-be
Options

Super Bowl

Thoughts on the Super Bowl?  Commercials?  Half time show?

Me personally, I really didn't want to see the Ravens win.  I think Ray Lewis is a murderer who instead of dancing in games should be sitting in a cell.  I wouldn't follow that man to the grocery store... what makes him such a great leader?  He rolled on his friends to let them go to jail so he can walk, that isn't being a leader, that is being a punk.  Plus, and if there are any Raven fans out there I apologize, but I cannot stand a bunch of the Ravens fans.  I'm a Colts fan (obviously) and Raven fans have been blowing us crap for years about "stealing" their team, which is ironic because they are rooting for a "stolen" team themselves but fail to see the connection (and use the fact that the NFL forced the name and records to stay in Cleveland to justify the difference).  The result not withstanding, the game was a bore until after the power outage, when it finally became a game.

Commercials... maybe 3 good ones, the rest were sub par and the Go Daddy ad just kinda creeped me out.

Halftime show... I'll be the first to admit that Beyonce isn't my cup of tea, but the visual effects they used were kinda cool, could have done without the music.

Re: Super Bowl

• Options
    I couldn't have cared less about who won. I still watched the game, but I honestly couldn't root for either team. I agree with Coltsdad, Ray Lewis is a murderer and should be in a cell. I also couldn't stand behind the 49ers and their recent antigay rights comments.

I figured the power outage was the universe's way of saying neither team should win.

Also, Beyonce was good. The Destiny's Child region was awesome and I called it weeks ago. I just don't like Beyonce much because I don't like how she left her group behind, but I will admit she's talented.

Favorite commercial? The Rock's milk ad. I have a serious man crush on him. He's pretty much the reason I work out so hard at the gym. Another year or so and I'll pretty much have the same build as him.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I had a hard time caring about the Super Bowl. San Fran kind of bores me for whatever reason. Their Secondary was clearly terrible if they made Joe Flacco look that good. I feel like we've reached a weird point in the NFL where there are  no real dominant teams anymore. There are terrible teams, ok teams, and good teams. But once the playoffs start, it's almost a coinflip tournament to see who wins. On the other hand, that's probably more interesting than seeing the NFC and AFC's powerhouse teams each march to the superbowl untested (See previous New England and Green Bay peak years).

I don't think Ray Lewis is a murderer. I do think he hung out with a bad crowd in his not so distant past.

If you want to talk about "stolen" teams, I'm still mad that Minneapolis Lakers play in LA. There's no LAKES in LA. Well, maybe some crummy man made ones.

The commercials sucked. The internet has pretty much ruined superbowl commercials. It's all car ads and terrible beer commercials.

Beyonce... was fun to watch with my wife and nitpick. We were entertained, although half of our entertainment came from talking poop.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I wanted the Ravens to win because as a Packer fan there is too much history between the Pack and the niners for me to ever cheer for them.

The Ray Lewis thing...I look at it as I would any case that involves someone with money and the right network of people behind them.  I am never surprised when a high profile person is able to manipulate the system, for that is how it has alway been within the criminal justice system in this country.

I was more intrigued by two brothers coaching against each other.  That was fun to watch.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"