Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Food Advice

I posted this on the 6-9 month board as well, but thought some of you mamma's might have advice for me ;o)

My LO is 8 months and recently more into finger foods and feeding himself.  I need advice on how to plan ahead his meals. I have up until this point made all of his baby food and just take the ice cubes out of the freezer the day before.  He now would prefer to feed himself. My husband and I eat pretty rich meals (tacos, Indian, Stir Fry, etc) so don't want to feed him what we are eating nor do we want to switch our meals to have no flavor.

My questions are below.

1.  How do you prepare ahead a meal? I make chicken for him in a crockpot and he loves that. But he eats such a small amount and it only lasts a few days in the refridgerator that I end up throwing a lot away. If he eats veggies I just boil 5 beans at a time every day?

2.  Can I puree meats and fruits together and freeze the same way I freeze fruits/veggies? I was thinking I could do this and use a sauce for pasta or in a piece of bread as a meal.

I work full time so any advice on how to make meals ahead or meal ideas that don't take a long time or meals I can freeze, etc.  would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Food Advice

• Options
    Our baby eats what we eat, and has dor quite awhile now. Around 9 months or so she stopped liking purees. Before that I would often just puree whatever we were eating with a hand blender. She loves Indian, Thai, and Mexican food! The only thing I limit as far as flavoring when I cook for us is salt. H and I just add what we want to our own plates. The rest of the spices, herbs and things are fine for babies.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options
    My 7 1/2 month old just eats what we do...pretty much.  There is always something that we are eating that is appropriate for her.  She eats the same seasoning as we do.  (I use very little salt while cooking.)  She likes tacos (not super spicy), spinach and artichoke dip, steamed artichokes, scrambled eggs, quesadillas, steamed veggies of all types, sweet potato wedges...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"