December 2012 Moms
Options

Can't tell what's wrong

Baby will be 8 weeks wednesday. She sometimes acts very upset...uncomfortable. I'm having trouble figuring out if is reflux, gas, she is hungry, tired...i can't tell. i feel like a loser and that i should be able to distinguish her cries by now. Any suggestions on figuring it out and what to do to help?

Re: Can't tell what's wrong

• Options
    I bet you know more than you think you know when it comes to her cries.  My husband and I are going through basically the same thing right now.  Last week, my DS had a rough time on and off.  Finally, Saturday morning I called our pediatrician, and they got us in for an appointment.  My doctor put him on pedialyte instead of formula to see if it is a formula problem or a reflux problem.  This morning, we are mixing formula and pedialyte.  I wouldn't try this on my own.  However, I suggest calling your pediatrician because I feel better as we are working towards a solution.  Good luck!
  • Options

We were having some issues (I even posted on here about it).  and it turns out it was gas for my baby.  The Little Tummy's Gas Drops were like a miracle!

Her symptoms were: increased farting, spitting up, screaming while eating, and increased fussiness.  She was soothed by sitting her more upright, burping, and holding her belly down across your arms.

Could it be a growth spurt?  I would try a pediatrician as pp said - you may be dealing with a food allergy/sensitivity or even just unexplained colic.

good luck 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Good advice.
  • Options
    Are you breast or formula feeding?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    How often do you give the gas drops?  We were using  the same ones, and I felt that the times we were giving them to him increased.
  • Options

imagesenglert11:
    How often do you give the gas drops?  We were using  the same ones, and I felt that the times we were giving them to him increased.

I'm pretty sure you can give them with each feeding. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"