Baby Showers

Shower Game Prizes...?

My sister is throwing me a shower and she wanted my idea on the prizes and baskets. She wants to have about 15 prizes for the games and then 5 baskets for a raffle type thing. And then one large basket for her diaper raffle she put on the invites. (I know this upsets some people but the invites are already out and it was a last minute decision she made.)

Anyways, all the items to make these things are from Bath and body works. The prizes for the games are supposed to be those hand sanitizer bottles and holders. the baskets are their mini bottle gift sets and the diaper raffle is their larger gift set. not to throw prices out there, but the total for all these things are about $130. Is this too little a price? If you were attending the shower would you be offended at the hand sanitizer prizes? I have mixed feelings, and am just trying to sort them out. Your honest input is appreciated. Please help before She goes out and it can't be changed if need be! Thanks

Re: Shower Game Prizes...?

• Good grief...how many games is she planning that she'll need 15 prizes?  I used to do the candle, etc. kind of thing once I did scratch off lottery tickets and they were such a big hit that is all I do now.  Depending on the amount of games I usually do either 5 or 10 per prize.

I wouldn't be offended by hand sanitizer.  I would probably not put the effort into baskets for the (gulp) raffles...she should just get gift cards to popular restuarants, etc.

JMO

• Too little?  I think that's a lot of money to spend on prizes just for shower games.  I'd rather spend money on good food and drinks.  When I've thrown showers, I would usually give candy, nail polish or notepads. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Love the lotto tickets idea. I can not tell you how many of those sanitizers I get at showers. The lotions too. Lotto tics would be awesome. Also for the bigger prizes if you are doing centerpieces those could be given away. Especially if they are potted plants or flowers who doesn't like to take home flowers.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageMakemineadouble:
    Too little?nbsp; I think that's a lot of money to spend on prizes just for shower games.nbsp; I'd rather spend money on good food and drinks.nbsp; When I've thrown showers, I would usually give candy, nail polish or notepads.nbsp;

I agree. This is a lot to spend on prizes. The lotto tickets thing sounds awesome and I usually get candles. The hand sanitizer is fine, but if you don't like it, what about mini lotion bottles? Your sister could probably get them on sale. Bath and body works has a semi annual sale around this time of year.
  • imageMakemineadouble:
    Too little?nbsp; I think that's a lot of money to spend on prizes just for shower games.nbsp; I'd rather spend money on good food and drinks.nbsp; When I've thrown showers, I would usually give candy, nail polish or notepads.nbsp;

I agree. This is a lot to spend on prizes. The lotto tickets thing sounds awesome and I usually get candles. The hand sanitizer is fine, but if you don't like it, what about mini lotion bottles? Your sister could probably get them on sale. Bath and body works has a semi annual sale around this time of year.
  • She plans on having more than one winner per game so hopefully not many games. and the "raffle" (other than the diaper raffle) is free. Its 1 basket per table and your name gets entered just for attending the shower.
  • I think a small variety of the stuff would have been better. I haven't looked at Bath and Body Works in awhile but they used to have shower wash and bubble bath.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"