August 2011 Moms
Options

Meal planning Monday!

What's for dinner this week?

What's your favorite, easy, go to recipe?

What's your LO's no fail food?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Meal planning Monday!

• Options

for dinner this week will be - turkey chili, pizza muffins, breakfast, and hopefully some Chipotle (mmmm!)

my favorite go to meal is definitely breakfast for dinner right now. so tasty and fast. 

my LOs no fail foods? cheese sticks, fruit, and yogurt are always a hit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I only have dinner ideas for two days. Tonight pasta and tomorrow chicken and rice. After that I see us eating a lot of Mac n cheese. I just don't have it in me to be productive this week. DD's go to food is lightly sauced pasta or avocado. Ds's is buttered pasta.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What's for dinner this week? Well we have ground turkey out...still undecided on what we will make with it,

What's your favorite, easy, go to recipe? Pizza Balls

What's your LO's no fail food? Spaghetti!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Roast beef tonight, tomorrow is cod and that's all I've got so far.

My go to is always pasta with meat sauce

DS is on a hunger strike but he will always eat fruit and usually yogurt
  • Options

What's for dinner this week? Casserole and potato soup, but mostly casserole. Funny story...I misread a recipe, used the whole box of macaroni, so then I had to double everything else and now have two casseroles (froze one). I also made potato soup and plan to alternate.

It's actually a really easy recipe, though not healthy - boil and cut up some chicken. Cook some noodles (I used shell macaroni). Add a can of cream of chicken soup and a cup of sour cream. Mix it all together and put it in the casserole dish. Top with shredded cheddar. Top with crushed Ritz crackers. Pour 1 stick melted butter over crackers. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes. It's supposed to have poppy seeds on it, too, but I didn't have those. Yes, I know it's not healthy, but it's delicious. It's not DH's favorite, so I'm eating it while he's gone.

What's your favorite, easy, go to recipe? BBQ Beef Pocket

2 pkgs Crescent roll sheet (or just crescent rolls are ok, too)
    1 lb ground beef
    1/2 -1 cup BBQ sauce, depending on how much sauce you like
    1/2 -1 cup shredded cheddar

Preheat over to whatever the temp on the crescent roll package says.
    1. Brown beef - season how you like. The actual recipe calls for cooking it with chopped onions.
    2. Drain off grease and return to low heat. Add BBQ sauce and stir until blended well. Cook about 10 minutes.
    3. Roll out one pkg crescent rolls on a cookie sheet. (Pinch seams together if you're using the actual crescent rolls. The seamless sheets are really great for this recipe, but I can't always find them.) Pour beef mixture on top of sheet and spread to about 1 inch away from edges. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Unroll the other crescent roll sheet, lay on top of beef/cheese, then pinch edges together with the bottom sheet. Make a couple of slashes in the top.
    4. Bake according to the crescent roll baking instructions - I want to say it's around 18 minutes at 425, but it's been awhile since I've made it.

I usually half the recipe, which makes four small servings.

What's your LO's no fail food? yogurt, or guh-GOO as he likes to call it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Sorry for the long post - I've never actually participated in this before (I think it started right when we moved, so I haven't been cooking), and I didn't read the other responses first.

• Options
    Ladybug: regarding the BBQ beef pocket, I'm having a hard time picturing or understanding how many cresant rolls you use. Do you use two full sheets, one for the bottom and one for the top making one giant pocket for everyone to share? Or do you make individual pockets for each person?
  • Options

imageamywalt1684:
    Ladybug: regarding the BBQ beef pocket, I'm having a hard time picturing or understanding how many cresant rolls you use. Do you use two full sheets, one for the bottom and one for the top making one giant pocket for everyone to share? Or do you make individual pockets for each person?

It's one giant pocket - you just unroll the entire sheet of crescent rolls and smooth all the seams. (Or if you can find the seamless crescent roll sheet, that works perfectly.) When I do a half recipe, I put the meat on one half, then fold the other half over.

You could probably do individual ones, but I've never tried it.

ETA: So with the full recipe, one sheet is unrolled and used as the bottom, and the second is unrolled and used as the top. Basically, the pocket is the size of a large cookie sheet.

• Options

Tonight:  chicken parm & spaghetti.  I wish we had salad, but we're out :(

Tomorrow: Quesadillas, I think.  Subject to change.

Wednesday:  Chicken tenderloin, green beans, rice

Thursday:  Cheesy pasta bake with spinach

Friday, Sat, TBD, Sunday dinner with parents.

My go-to lately has been chicken parm.  I use frozen pre-breaded chicken strips and bake at 450 for 18 mins.  Pull them out, throw on some sauce and mozz cheese, bake for another 5 minutes.  While baking, I make a side of spaghetti to go with it and throw together a salad.  It's quick and easy and everyone eats it!

DD's no fail food has always been turkey meatballs from Trader Joes.  I don't blame her, they are good!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    MMmmmm, ladybug, instead of quesadillas tomorrow I think I'll try to make your BBQ beef pocket if I can get to the store for crescent rolls.  That sounds delish, thanks for sharing!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Mmm... Ladybug! My kids would gobble up that BBQ beef pocket.

I bet you could hide some veggies in it!
  • Options
    imageladybugpjb:

imageamywalt1684:

It's one giant pocket - you just unroll the entire sheet of crescent rolls and smooth all the seams. (Or if you can find the seamless crescent roll sheet, that works perfectly.) When I do a half recipe, I put the meat on one half, then fold the other half over.

You could probably do individual ones, but I've never tried it.

ETA: So with the full recipe, one sheet is unrolled and used as the bottom, and the second is unrolled and used as the top. Basically, the pocket is the size of a large cookie sheet.

Awesome thanks!
  • Options
    Monday: ravioli with sun dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese
    Tuesday: roasted butternut and carrot soup
    Wednesday: something chicken

That is all I got so far...
  • Options
    I forgot my own!

Monday: chicken and rice casserole with peas and salads

Tuesday: taco Tuesday! And salads

Wednesday: it's my free night

Thursday: crockpot chicken, corn, broccoli casserole stuff

Friday: salmon, black rice or quenia and a veggie

Sat and sunday: I'm not entirely sure yet

Go to recipe: spinach squares

350 for 50 mins, let stand 10 to 15 out of the oven

2 packages frozen spinach, thawled and squeeze liquid out
    8 oz small curd cottage cheese
    6 oz shreaded cheddar
    4 eggs
    3 tsp flour, I've sub almond flour before and it worked fine.
    Salt and pepper green onion garlic powder to taste

My kids will always eat fruit and string cheese!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"