How do I help? — The Bump
Postpartum Depression

How do I help?

A dear friend of mine and myself just had babies 2 days apart from each other. Shortly after she was re-hospitalized for PPD. That was 3 weeks ago and I still haven't been able to reach her. She won't answer or return my calls and I've only gotten one text from her saying that she didn't want to talk to anyone right now. I'm really worried about her because I've heard through family that she is in really bad shape. How do I help her?
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1Samuel 1:27 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Team Peeta Tag Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: How do I help?

• When I was really depressed and didn't want talk, my friends would just text me periodic messages saying that they just wanted to tell me they loved me and were thinking about me.  It was short and sweet and helped to life my spirits.  It also gave me the option not to respond.
  • imageEMF70:
    When I was really depressed and didn't want talk, my friends would just text me periodic messages saying that they just wanted to tell me they loved me and were thinking about me.  It was short and sweet and helped to life my spirits.  It also gave me the option not to respond.

Absolutely.   Let her know you are available and care.  I had a period I didn't want to talk either, but it was nice to get random messages.

• Loading the player...
  • I agree, a message to her (that doesn't require a response) that just sends love is so valuable! Its hard to be down when you know that there are lots of people trying to lift you up...even if she doesn't feel like writing/calling back. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards