December 2012 Moms
Options

At DD's 2 month appointment...

Backstory: I had a rough delivery with DD. My epi wore off at about 7cm dialated and the top off didn't work. She was sunny side up with a head tilt and I couldn't get her down past my pubic bone, so the doc helped with the vacuum (hurt like heck, but got her head out in 2 pushes!). Her head was out, but her shoulders got stuck. It was horrible - I was in so much pain but so scared as all kinds of medical people were running in, nurses on the bed pushing on my stomach, doc calling for more doctors and NICU. It was horrifying, but my doctor got her out and the nurses got her breathing regulated quickly, she never even had to leave my room.  My doctor was very worried about DD having a broken collar bone, but after several people examined her, all was thought to be fine.

Once we were home I realized that her right arm seemed quite a bit slower then her left.  I mentioned it at her 1 week appointment and the doctor we saw (not our regular pedi) said to keep an eye on it and come back at one month old, and by then I was satisfied that her arm had caught up to the other and was fine.  

This week was her 2 month appointment. As the pedi did her full exam, she said that her collar bone had been broken! Apparently she could feel a calcium deposit on the bone which indicates that it's healed a broken spot. She also said it's healed now and there was nothing that we could have done for it anyway, but still, I feel so bad for her!!!  She never cries or fusses and never indicated that she was in any kind of pain but I can't stop feeling now like I knew something wasn't right - my poor baby!!!!

And yeh, there's no point to this post other than for me to whine a bit about how bad I feel for me little girl to have gone through that... OK, Complaining over ;)

photo 928560AF-AAA0-4036-A0DB-1781F180055B-8057-000009B95DF7BAAA_zps4aeff975.jpg Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: At DD's 2 month appointment...

• Options
    Poor thing! It's amazing how traumatic pregnancy, birth and delivery can be. We went through a lot with my first pregnancy. Very scary how quickly things can change. So glad she's doing ok now.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Poor baby! Delivery is pretty rough. I don't want to imagine what they go through, and we think we have it bad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Poor baby and poor mama!  I'm so sorry.

But like your pedi said, nothing you could have done, so try not to beat yourself up about it.

• Options
    Sorry you had such a rough delivery! And that's ashame that the doctors didn't find the broken bone until later, but there really is nothing that could have been done for it.
    At least it healed and everything's fine now!
    and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry! That's terrible! Mommy gut is the real deal. Atleast she is healed now!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    Poor girl! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"