Working Moms

Unpopular Opinions/Judging Thursdays

2»

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Judging Thursdays

• Oh...and I HATE when people are giving a professional presentation or in a meeting and talk like a 13 year old...also when anyone sends a professional e-mail and type like they're texting a 13 year old. Really?! Put your big girl/boy pants on!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Anniversary
  • imagemichaelaskedlauren:

I think "organization binders" (like for weddning planning, etc) are dumb. I get the idea behind them, but I feel like it ends up being more work. I got 2 for when I was planning my wedding. They ended up in the recycling bin. Never filled out.

I judge people who do those silly juice cleanses. Really? You are detoxing? How about instead you just stop eating crap, drink more water, get some sleep, and exercise in the fresh air for a week instead? Your body will feel just as amazing, and I wont have to deal with you being a resident of Crankersville because you are so dang hungry.

Ditto, on both! Love it. Lol.

• Loading the player...
  • imagealli2672:

imageNetty_3:
    I hate when people have to post on FB every time they workout...I don't care.  I also can't stand the same stupid picture of people in their bathrooms everyday...congratulations...you got up and got ready...ugh!

I have to know.  Why would someone take a picture of themselves in their bathroom every day, let alone post it on the internet?   

LMBO! I hate this too. Ok, you worked out, jogged, ran 2 miles, blah, blah, blah. Who cares?

The bathroom pics kill me too. Soooooo annoying. To the other commenter, ppl get ready in the morn (comb their hair, put on makeup or whatever) and then take a pic in the bathroom mirror or by the sink. Then they say "All ready for work", "About to get my day started", or something silly like that. Ridiculous!

• imageNetty_3:
    I hate when people have to post on FB every time they workout...I don't care.  I also can't stand the same stupid picture of people in their bathrooms everyday...congratulations...you got up and got ready...ugh!

I hate when people post every detail of their day on facebook.  I hate when my SIL posts everything her kids ate for lunch that day or all of the things she got done while the kids were napping (she's a SAHM) etc.  I honestly am not really a fan of facebook.  The only thing I like facebook for is seeing pictures.  I hate when people post things.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagerubber_chicken:
    imageitsmevkb:

I would totally take my baby to Chuck E. Cheese. Okay, maybe not but the reason would be more about hating Chuck E. Cheese and it being too hard to watch my older kids while dealing with the younger two than it would have to do with being fearful of germs.

On the other side of that, I give a side-eye to moms who use shopping cart covers.  I'm just not that paranoid about germs and overall my kids get sick way less than other kids I know so I don't think it's hurting them.

An unpopular opinion would be that I think there is too much pressure put on women to breastfeed.  Honestly, I don't care how anyone else feeds their baby and don't understand why other women care how I feed mine.

100% agree on both of these. 

Breastfeeding is way way harder than LLL makes it out to be.  Out of all the mothers I know, only 2 made it past maternity leave.  I was never able to breastfeed, so I pump exclusively.  And it SUCKS. I'm basically only doing this because for some stupid reason I'll feel like I've accomplished something when I make it to a year.  Like someones giving out prizes.  I'm an idiot.

And as for germs, I'm the bad mom who never washes the binkie when it falls on the floor.  Whatever, it's our house, they're our germs anyway.

I agree about the breastfeeding.  Breastfeeding can be wonderful only after you get through all of the crap.  I love breastfeeding my DD but I went through 3 months of pure hell in the beginning.  I had serious supply issues and I really didn't appreciate LLL telling me "Oh, just keep nursing and your supply will come up."  Like it was so easy.  I really think most women quit because they are not prepared for how difficult it can be.  I don't think LC or LLL does women any favors by acting like it's so natural and easy.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't like people judging me for DD's sleep problems. We stick to a schedule. I'm the pastor's wife who leaves church early every Wednesday to get my girl to bed on time. She's doing better right now, but who knows if it will actually last. It stinks when people treat me like a bad mother because their children slept through the night at 6 weeks old and my 11 month old still wakes up twice on a good night. What else do you want me to do, people?????

And I'm with pp. I'm not really a fan of the taste of alcohol. Why do I want to consume a ton of calories that I'm not enjoying? Especially since I've watched my dad go through a very very rough recovery from alcoholism? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetraneshaph:
    imagealli2672:

imageNetty_3:

I have to know.  Why would someone take a picture of themselves in their bathroom every day, let alone post it on the internet?   

LMBO! I hate this too. Ok, you worked out, jogged, ran 2 miles, blah, blah, blah. Who cares?

The bathroom pics kill me too. Soooooo annoying. To the other commenter, ppl get ready in the morn (comb their hair, put on makeup or whatever) and then take a pic in the bathroom mirror or by the sink. Then they say "All ready for work", "About to get my day started", or something silly like that. Ridiculous!

that's really funny.  

More power to you though if you feel like you can aw yourself every single day. I'm lucky if I consider my appearance aw worthy once a month :)

• I hate chalkboard paint.  Hate it.  I doubt I'm allowed on Pinterest.  ;)
  • To continue on with the alcohol thing, it drives me insane when people say they didn't have alcohol at an event where adults were present b/c they "didn't want everyone to get wasted." 

My friends and family can actually have a beer or a glass of wine socially.  It's called being a responsible adult and enjoying oneself. 

A lot of women on the Bump are like this and I can't roll my eyes any further back b/c it's so annoying. 

• imageCheerio B:
    imagemae0111:

I thought of another one...

I continue to see parents taking their very small kids - like less than 18 months old - outside in very cold weather when they're woefully underdressed.  The parents will have nice warm coats on, and the kids will be in these flimsy little sweatshirts. 

You would probably judge me because we look like this in the winter. But you aren't supposed to put kids in car seats with big puffy coats on so they wear thin ones. And I'm not fighting two kids into winter coats just to walk them across the parking lot into Target. They won't freeze in the two minutes it takes to get inside. I do judge the tiny babies in just onsies though.

This.. DD is still in her infant bucket seat with a carseat cover (not the bundleme that goes in-between the straps which are not safe). DD likes to sit in the cart and its easier to shop without the bucket seat in the back of the cart. I take her out and she is often in a sweat shirt, hat, pants, socks. We walk into the store with a blanket wrapped around her and I get looks.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Okay, deep breath, I'm saying it.  I HATE BOUNCE HOUSE PARTIES.  And gymnastics parties in what are ALWAYS really smelly gyms, but really bounce house parties.  I appreciate it's easier, etc...but 1. they are dangerous.  Those things are way too big and I do NOT want my four or five year old climbing up a massively high bouncy structure and then sliding down.  2.  can you say germ-infested?  Hundreds of kids daily bouncing around on structures that I'm sure are never adequately cleaned?  Ick.  (I have a tiny house.  Tiny.  I'd still prefer to have kids run around here/in the backyard over a bounce house). 

• imageKatie829:
    imageCheerio B:
    imagemae0111:

I thought of another one...

I continue to see parents taking their very small kids - like less than 18 months old - outside in very cold weather when they're woefully underdressed.  The parents will have nice warm coats on, and the kids will be in these flimsy little sweatshirts. 

You would probably judge me because we look like this in the winter. But you aren't supposed to put kids in car seats with big puffy coats on so they wear thin ones. And I'm not fighting two kids into winter coats just to walk them across the parking lot into Target. They won't freeze in the two minutes it takes to get inside. I do judge the tiny babies in just onsies though.

This.. DD is still in her infant bucket seat with a carseat cover (not the bundleme that goes in-between the straps which are not safe). DD likes to sit in the cart and its easier to shop without the bucket seat in the back of the cart. I take her out and she is often in a sweat shirt, hat, pants, socks. We walk into the store with a blanket wrapped around her and I get looks.

I wouldn't judge anyone for coming into a store with their infant wrapped in a blanket.  I did the same thing.  I've seen kids running around in 20 degree weather with no hats, wearing windbreakers, and a onesie underneath.  I understand not wanting to put a puffy coat on in the car seat.  But maybe a sweater under that thin coat?  A long sleeve turtle neck onesie and a sweater?  Fleece coats aren't that puffy, and they're warmer than a lot of the coats I see kids wearing. 

• I hate gender reveal parties.   Honestly, people outside of you and your parents don't really care if you having a boy or a girl and nobody needs it announced in a cake or whatnot. just tell me on the phone next time we talk. I don't need a pinterest craft telling me you have penis growing inside you.

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• imageabartow:
    I hate gender reveal parties.   Honestly, people outside of you and your parents don't really care if you having a boy or a girl and nobody needs it announced in a cake or whatnot. just tell me on the phone next time we talk. I don't need a pinterest craft telling me you have penis growing inside you.

Lurking... but OMG this made me LOL

You ladies are too funny! :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree, gender reveal is seriously dumb.  Send an email in some cute way sure or if you're a FB person post it there but a party with some secret thing to present? bizarre to me. Then do ppl feel like they need to bring a gift? I'm glad to never have been invited to one..

Shopping carts- ppl who have only 1 kid and take the 2 seater carts when it is a crowded time & it is the last 2 seater. once I was walking up to a 2 seater cart with two 8 month olds and some lady & her like SEVEN year old child grabbed the last one right in front of me and then I saw them later in the store and he had a portable dvd player propped in the 2nd seat. OMG.

• These are hilarious! I agree with most, especially the Facebook stuff. I have a huge one. I hate when people prop bottles. I usually see this at the grocery store or the mall. I once confronted a mom about this and she actually thanked me, not realizing it was a choking hazard.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"