Pre-School and Daycare

Birthday Invite Question!

My DS is having a bowling party next month.  He goes to am preschool and there are 20 kids in his class.  Then he goes to a daycare for after care.  That place is huge and he talks about 4 kids that he plays with all the time.

Now, how in the world do I decide who to invite.  Should I invite his whole pre K class and just hand out the 4 invites at his daycare?  Is that rude?? WWYD?!?!?

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Birthday Invite Question!

• Honestly that is way to many kids that age for a bowling party.  I would 10-15 kids max that you invite.  Bowling parties with the 4-5 year olds can be very hard and even the 6 year olds.  You will need at least 1 adult per lane to help the kids.  Make sure the bowling alley has the bumpers up and light balls and see if they ramps for the kids to us.  Have adults ready to keep the kids busy when not bowling and to help the ones that are.

My DD will be 5 in March and we are doing a roller skating party so most of the parents will end up staying to help their kids skate (at least that is what happened when we did this for my older DD) and we are inviting 15 kids total (2 of those kids being the birthday girl and her sister).  I will be thrilled if we end up with around 10 kids.

I did one party where I invited the whole class (around 15-18 came) and the kids were just over whelmed.

I would either your DS who he plays with or ask his teachers and then go from there.

Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Thanks for the input!!

I think we will invite the ones from daycare and just send cupcakes to his class on his birthday.

• Loading the player...
  • DS had only been in preschool for 6 weeks by his bday and had really connected with one other boy. So we just invited that boy (gave the invite to his mom privately). We also invited his little friends that we play with regularly outside of school. In total there were 12 kids (it was a gymnastics party), which was a good number. 

I would only invite the kids he seems to have a connection with.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yeah, we have been to many whole class parties and it is just too overwhelming for kids and parents alike.  I don't think a party has to be planned to the minute but 20+ kids and 20+ kids becomes like Chuck E Cheese.  

I let the kids invite as many kids as years they are turning, then depending on the venue, add whoever else in the neighborhood or whatever.  Then we take small goodie bags to hand to her class (I love that the twins are summer babies- LOL)...

• I agree with just inviting his friends from daycare especially for a bowling party. They can get pretty chaotic.

Do you have their addresses, maybe a class directory, so you can mail them?  We've never invited the whole class, just friends, and I always mail or email the invitations so the kids who aren't invited don't see the invitations.  Maybe ask the teachers if you don't have them. 

• I think you should just invite his friends.  You don't need to invite his entire class.  I don't like this whole etiquette rule that says you have to invite your child's entire class to a party so you don't hurt anyone's feelings. I don't think my kid could care less if he weren't invited to some random classmate's party. I know I personally wouldn't be offended at all.  Invite only the kids you want, and maybe just ask your son not to talk about the party at school. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We did a bowling party for
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We did a bowling party f
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We did a bowling party for DS's
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday. 
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine. 
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew to
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew to stay w
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew to stay with t
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew to stay with their
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew to stay with their kids
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew to stay with their kids and
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew to stay with their kids and when the
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew to stay with their kids and when
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew to stay with their kids and when the kids
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew to stay with their kids and when the kids got
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew to stay with their kids and when the kids got bored,
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew to stay with their kids and when the kids got bored, the
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew to stay with their kids and when the kids got bored, the parents
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew to stay with their kids and when the kids got bored, the parents got
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew to stay with their kids and when the kids got bored, the parents got to
  • We did a bowling party for DS's 3rd birthday.  It went fine.  Most parents knew to stay with their kids and when the kids got bored, the parents got to bowl! a
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"