Attachment Parenting
Options

cosleeping with two?

this may seem stupid but if you have two kids of different ages, how to handle cosleeping? DS does this sometimes in spurts, but when he was little he belly slept on my chest... obviously I don't know how the new baby will sleep, but what do you do with two?
Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket

Re: cosleeping with two?

• Options

Put the older one on dad's side, or in another bed with dad.

Add a sidecarred crib or ARC for the baby to have more space.

Let the older one sleep in the middle and keep the baby between you and the wall/rail.

I think those are the typical answers. I would be more vigilant about keeping the kids apart when the baby is tiny than later on.

• Options

Our king bed looks like this--bedrail, DD (2 years), DH, baby (4 months), and me.  DD/DH and baby/me are literally right on the ends of the bed so there's a big gap inbetween DH and the baby.  DH can be a sound sleeper so I wanted to make sure there was enough room between him and the baby.

I never thought we would run out of room with a king bed but it's getting to that point!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DH works nights so we would have our queen size to ourselves...

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    My older son is a very violent sleeper. He trashes and covers pretty much the entire bed at some point throughout the night. We mad the decision to separate the two boys until ds2 is older. So ds1 sleeps with dh and ds2 sleeps with me....for now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Well first off, we have a queen that the girls and I sleep on, and dh sleeps on a twin that we have pushed up beside it. It is a huge bed, works really well.My DD1 sleeps between dh and I, and DD2 sleeps on my other side between me and the wall. It works well now, but to get them to bed at night, dd1 had to get used to snuggling my back instead of myy front to go to sleep since I would be nursing dd2 to sleep at the same time. But she has to have physical contact with me to sleep so it might not be an issue for you. : I love sleeping between my girls, so nice! I definitely had my doubts before dd2 was born, because dd1 has always been a terrible sleeper, but interestingly enough she has slept better since the baby was born. Maybe it forced her to get used to noise from the baby so that she sleeps deeper? Don't know, but anyway, bedsharing with 2 is totally doable.
  • Options

We're well on our way to living this. My current game plans:

Buy an arm's reach

Move DD to the other side of DH so the new one can be in the middle. We have a king and I don't like the idea of a newbie up against the rail.

Buy a second crib mattress and DD can sleep on that when she needs to come in our room.

At this point my plan is to wait and see what the personality of the new baby is like and how it changes things in our home and make a decision based on that. 

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"