Health & Exercise

Losing Weight and Fatigue

Is it normal for weight loss and fatigue to go hand-in-hand?  I've really buckled down to start losing weight again in the past two weeks and have been feeling so so tired.  I'm also a full time working mom so life is busy, but it seems worse since I started losing again. 

I previously lost ~30 lbs before the holidays, but maintained my weight across December.  I'm losing at a "healthy rate" of about 0.5-1.5 lbs/week and am losing based on diet more than exercise (although I do walk a good bit as well).

Any tips on increasing energy while still losing weight?

BFP#2:  EDD 2/11/14, MMC confirmed 7/15/13 (growth stopped at 6 weeks), D&C @ 12 weeks 7/25/13

Re: Losing Weight and Fatigue

• My main tip is to make sure you are getting enough protien in your diet.  Drink plenty of water and don't be afraid to rely on caffiene for a mid-day pick me up if you need.

Great job on your weight loss so far!

• you might also want to get some bloodwork done to see if you are low on iron, or something else if the fatigue continues

• Loading the player...
  • Exercise has been a big key for me on increasing my energy.  What you eat will also play a part, but really you should be adding exercise to your schedule.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebeany02:

you might also want to get some bloodwork done to see if you are low on iron, or something else if the fatigue continues

This.  It could be low iron.

• Instead of caffeine, try chaga. It is a natural pick me up that supports your adrenals and won't stress other organs. It's an earthy taste but add some coconut cream and nutmeg and cinnamon and its divine. I'm hopeful yor energy will pick up. Im also for adding more protein and water into your diet.
  • If you are mostly detng and nt exercising, make sure you are getting enough calories, especially if you are breast feeding. If you aren't eating enough calories, your body coud be responding by tiring more easily. Also, I agree that it could be low-iron. Make sure you are eating a heathy variety of foods. Also, try to add some exercise in. It will definitely help up your energy levels.
  • If you are low carbing at all, much sure you get some carbs in after any workouts. Depleted glycogen can make you VERY fatigued.
  • Thanks for the imput everyone.  Drinking enough water is always an issue for me, I seem to have such a hard time staying hydrated, so it's a good point that I should be making a point to drink more water.  The protein idea is something I hadn't thought of, so I'll try eating more and see if it helps. 

Adding more exercise is also a good idea, but with the weather recently and my work schedule it's tough.  I'm hoping to add in a noon and/or after dinner walk when the weather warms up a bit.

Thanks again, and I'll check back if anyone else has any ideas.

BFP#2:  EDD 2/11/14, MMC confirmed 7/15/13 (growth stopped at 6 weeks), D&C @ 12 weeks 7/25/13

• Yes it is normal to feel a little more tired when not eating enough. You could be coming down with something but otherwise some exercise will bump up your metabolic rate and make you feel better. How many calories a day are you eating and what is your weight and height? Are you breastfeeding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"