Pregnant after a Loss

XP: Melodramatic but I got hit by a car today...

DH and I were coming out of Safeway this afternoon and we crossed the parking lot to get to our car. All of a sudden this lady pulls her car away from another parked car and bumps me. Of course it didn't do any damage but I was furious. She started to inch the car forward some more and then swung to try an get around me. I yelled, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! STOP, YOU HIT ME!" And she swung around a bit more and moved on and drove away. I couldn't believe it. Then I notice a couple also yelling and a man with his phone open saying, "Don't worry, I just took a pic of her license. She just hit our car before she hit you. Are you ok?" 

I called the cops to record what happened because even though their car wasn't damaged and I felt ok (other than pure anger), she indeed caused a hit and run. I found out that the cops caught her when they got to me. I asked if she would be charged with anything or at least fined for her recklessness and he said that, unfortunately since no one was injured, she wouldn't get in trouble. The cop was very kind and gave me his info and the info on the case in case I had pain tomorrow or needed to follow up. I just can't help feeling like justice wasn't served. I don't even know what I would want that woman to go through but seriously, shouldn't this be put on her driving record somehow? Or fined? Or anything?! Thankfully, in the end, no one was hurt, just incredibly rattled but it makes me so angry that she just gets to walk away from this without any sort of genuine reprimand. Sigh...so that's my day. Oh and did I mention a pipe busted in our house this morning? Peace out Groundhog's Day. Good riddance... 

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: Melodramatic but I got hit by a car today...

• I'm so glad you are OK. I can't believe she didn't get in trouble! You'd think that after hitting a car, and hitting a person, SOMETHING would be done!

Your Groundhog Day doesn't sound fun at all :( 

First M/C - March 2006, pregnancy not known about.
    BFP#1 03/17/12 DD 11/09/12 Missed MC 05/14/12 (No growth past 9wk1d) D&C 05/22/12
    Removal of Ovarian Cyst 07/27/12
    BFP#2 09/17/12 DD 05/29/13 STICK BABY STICK!

PgAL MARCH SIGGY CHALLENGE: PET SHAMING

imageBabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • imagePetraStonegirl:

HOLY ODIN!

I tell you, if you wake up in the morning and Sonny and Cher is playing, and some bad DJs are going on and on about it being cold out there, run.

(((HUGS))) I am glad you are ok. 

No kidding. If that happens, I'm going to run to my close to cry! 

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry! That is insane, I can't believe that! How does someone just get away with that, so ridiculous!

• OMG--not melodramatic at all!  I would have been livid and freaking out!  What if she hit you or someone else and did cause damage???  Wow, just wow.  Sorry!

• Holy sh!t balls! Hoolah this is crazy! I can't belive tha crap. Not even a fine or anything? I am so incredibly sorry this happened. I would have for sure punched her car out of pure anger. Did the even fine her for hitting that guys car?
    Me(26)DH(33)
    TTC for #1 since Jan 2010
    BFP #1 Oct 1 2010 MC Oct 3 2010
    DX PCOS w/ AO Nov 2011
    3 rounds of Clomid all BFN
    BFP #2 10/12/12 Beta #1 45.1 Beta #2 160.7 * 2/27 diagnosed with IEF in utero.
    Dalaney born @ 35w2d via emergency C-section due to Pre-E after 30 hrs of labor & losing her HB twice. She weighed 5lbs 8oz & was 19in long on May 26th 2013 @ 605am

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers   image

"Severe truth is expressed with some bitterness."
  • So sorry that happened to you.. I know it's terrifying experience. I was hit by a car while crossing a crosswalk. I was thrown 10ft into the middle of the street. Scrapes/road rash all over, a massive bump on the back of my head, and cracked ribs. Wanna hear the kicker? All the driver got was a citation for failure to yield to a pedestrian! But he did pay all of my medical bills : Keep notes if you start to have any physical symptoms and contact s good attorney if you do. Good luck!
  • Wow! I re-read your post to make sure I was correctly reading that someone actually hit YOU with their car! I don't think you are being melodramatic...someone who hits a car and a person in a parking lot should minimally be cited for reckless or careless driving!

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Oh my goodness!  I'm glad you're ok, but I do agree, she should have gotten in trouble.  Since nobody was hurt I understand her not going to jail, but she should have at the VERY least been fined.

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

• I would be foaming at the mouth!  I find it impossible to believe there are no charges they could press considering she hit TWO people/objects and there were plenty of witnesses and photographic evidence!  

I too would be itching for justice.  Hey, invite me to Hawaii and I'll go vigilante on her a$$.

Kim 

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Oh hell no. I would have caused damage to her car by pounding on it if she hit me. I'm glad you're okay
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Klassy...just klassy.
    3 ectopic pregnancies (EDD's 1/30/12-tube removed, 6/2/12-methotrexate and 10/2/12-methotrexate)
    IVF and Natural FET resulted in BFN's and a hole in our wallets
    Natural BFP #4 on 9/7/12 gave us our miracle on 5/18/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh crap! That is insane!

I am so sorry you have to deal with this, I totally understand your frustration!

• So glad you're okay!  Can't believe she wasn't given at least a ticket or fine or SOMETHING!! 
    BFP #1 7/28/2012-EDD 4/11/13--Natural m/c 9/5/12 8wks6days BFP #2 12/22/2012, EDD 8/03/2013 It's twins! Grow babies, GROW!! Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker All Welcome!!
  • imageHoolahZinger:

shouldn't this be put on her driving record somehow? Or fined? Or anything?!

This!! I can't believe nothing will be done about this!! That is insane and it infuriates me! I'm so, so sorry you were hit and had to go through all of this stress.  I'm glad you are okay!! I hope today is much better for you! (((Hugs)))

~~PgAL March Siggy Challenge - Pet Shaming~~
    TTC #1 since Feb 2011 Dx: MTHFR C677T Homozygous, Antiphospholipid Syndrome, LPD
    BFP #1: 8/4/11 c/p 4w5d
    BFP #2: 9/4/11 c/p 5w0d
    BFP #3: 1/16/12 c/p 4w0d
    BFP #4 8/9/12 m/c 7w3d
    BFP #5 11/2/12 ?EDD 7/16/13? PLEASE grow sweet baby!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow, just wow. It makes me sad that she gets to go on as if nothing happened...what's going to happen next time, when someone could really get hurt? :(

I'm *so* glad that you're feeling ok, though!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 - 11/13/11, Natural MC - 12/24/11 at 12 weeks
    BFP#2 - 10/2/12, Please be our rainbow.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Are you kidding?! People make me sick! What a selfish B. 
    BabyFruit Ticker BFP #1 - 1-25-2012. Missed M/C discovered at 9 weeks 3 days. D&C 3-9-2012

BFP #2 - 10-11-2012 Beta 38, 10-15-2012 Beta 518!.
  • Yikes!  I'm glad you okay. I would be mad as heck.  I'm surprised that they couldn't find something to charge her with. 

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I hate people. Seriously. I'm so sorry this happened to you, but I'm glad you are doing OK!
    photo AlbumsWideColorBump_zps1797df63.jpg

We lost our first (EDD 07/23/12) after finding out at 12 weeks there was no longer a heartbeat. Our rainbow was born 05/22/13 and was worth all we went through.

“So can you understand? Why I want a daughter while I’m still young? I wanna hold her hand and show her some beauty before all this damage is done. But if it’s too much to ask, it’s too much to ask … Then send me a son.” – Arcade Fire
  • imageminicheezburg:
    Holy sh!t balls! Hoolah this is crazy! I can't belive tha crap. Not even a fine or anything? I am so incredibly sorry this happened. I would have for sure punched her car out of pure anger. Did the even fine her for hitting that guys car?

No fine at all Sad Technically I was hit on private property since it was in a parking lot. The owners of the car said there was no damage and didn't care to report so my issue was dismissed. She hit a fricken' person though! How does she not even get some sort of fine for that?! Pure crap!  

imageimage

• imagecarolyn02:
    So sorry that happened to you.. I know it's terrifying experience. I was hit by a car while crossing a crosswalk. I was thrown 10ft into the middle of the street. Scrapes/road rash all over, a massive bump on the back of my head, and cracked ribs. Wanna hear the kicker? All the driver got was a citation for failure to yield to a pedestrian! But he did pay all of my medical bills : Keep notes if you start to have any physical symptoms and contact s good attorney if you do. Good luck!

OH.MY.GOSH. That's disgusting and makes me even more angry. I can't believe how the law is handled sometimes. I'm at a loss for words!  

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"