Babies on the Brain

Off BC...TTC, 2 days late, still getting a negative HPT

I'm 2 days late and still getting a NHPT.... this should be my second period after coming off BC in December... Any words of wisdom here???  I haven't tested with morning urine though.... This is my first go round TTC so we are excited, nervous, and anxious.

Re: Off BC...TTC, 2 days late, still getting a negative HPT

• You probably aren't pregnant if you got a negative test.  If you recently came off birth control your cycle is probably still regulating.  So you probably aren't late, you just ovulated later than normal. 
  • This. GL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 

Met 9/2001
    Engaged 3/15/2006
    Married 5/19/2007
    DD 12/12/13
    DS 6/6/2016

M/C 9/29/18 @ 6w
     BabyFruit Ticker
    Our little tie breaker due 8/1/19!  <3

• Loading the player...
  • imageBoopADoopBetty:
    If you don't know when you ovulated, you don't know that you're late. It can take a couple months for your cycle to regulate. Mine would be 4060 days until a new cycle would start. Test once a week until you hit 60 days past your last period in December or you start. If you hit 60 days call your doctor. Also, calm the fluck down.

This girl's a genius.
    Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • Yep, this happened to me too. My cycles have been different lengths since being off BCP. I understand how you feel, it is very exciting to be "late". But, you probably just ovulated later.

Married 11/21/2018

Me: 33 / DH: 33

TTC #1 since 2012, finally successful in 2016

BFP 11/29/2013 - EDD 8/9/2014 - MMC 12/31/2013 8 weeks 2 days - Tried to MC naturally for 4 weeks, D&C 2/2/2014

IUI 01/25/2016 - BFP 2/5/2016 - Natural Home Delivery to our DD 10/8/2016

IUD removed 10/3/2018 

Ready to TTC for #2

TTGP Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Dinner Fails:
  • Unless you know exactly when you ovulated you wont know for sure if you're late.  When I was off BCPs before getting pregnant, the only thing I was tracking were my periods, not tracking ovulation, so ....when I got pregnant in Dec 2010, I was expecting my period around Xmas eve and when it didnt come after a couple days, I took a test and got a negative.  Got another negative the following day.  Skipped a day... had a crazy dream one morning (when I was like 6 days "late") that it was positive so took a third test just to ease my mind....and got my faint positive...completely surprised me.

Moral of this story is -- I thought I was late, but turns out I must have just ovulated late.... could be youre not pregnant, or it could be it isnt long enough from your O-date to accurately test.  Give it some more time and test again (like maybe next week) if AF still hasnt shown... I *think* up until 60 days, where at that point if it's still not shown up and youre still getting negative tests, you would see a doctor.

Coming off BC can mess with your cycle a bit so... your body may still be regulating... 

Cat leg goes crazy and beats itself in the face

image  image
  • Unless you are tracking your ovulation (temp or mucus- not an app), you can't know if you are late. Check out fertilityfriend.com for some helpful information about ttc.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • it can take a while to regulate after getting off BCPs. good luck.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
  • SURE AM GLAD I DIDN'T LISTEN TO MOST OF THE RESPONSES!!........ :)
  • imageLpennell17:
    SURE AM GLAD I DIDN'T LISTEN TO MOST OF THE RESPONSES!!........ :

Why are you yelling? And boop is wise. She knows her ***.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Since when is shte a starred curse? Guess I'll have to stick with shiit.

Flucking hors.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• My guess is that she finally followed the directions on the pregnancy test and got a positive.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"