September 2013 Moms

How are you going to announce?

I haven't decided what to do yet.  With our first we just called family because I ended up in the hospital quickly with dehydration.  With the last one, we bought the "only child expiring on ___" It was depressing that we couldn't use it and I couldn't bring myself to even put it away or anything. 

I'm nervous to buy something and then it goes bad.  The whole family will be here in two weeks- 2 days after the first ultrasound at about 7-8 weeks.  I've thought about doing something then, if the appt goes well.  But I'd also like to wait a while.

So, I just prodding for ideas.

Thanks,

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: How are you going to announce?

• I'm hoping to put the ultrasound picture in a card. I've used the big brother shirt twice now. I just can't do it again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We did a shutterfly story book from my almost 2 year old to his grandparents for valentines day. The end of it is the big reveal. We didn't do ANYTHING fun with my first baby, so I'm excited to do something fun!
  • Loading the player...
  • I assume that since you mentioned being depressed that you had a m/c? Our first pg resulted in m/c and I went through an elaborate announcement for DH and my family. When we got pg again, I couldn't do the same thing nor could I get as excited, so I get where you are coming from. The second time (which was DD) I just mailed a card to my mom and my dad that was from baby (for grandparents). This time around, I'm making an announcement on DD's white board and taking a picture of it. I'm sort of weird because I get uncomfortable saying "I'm pregnant". I'd rather tell people in writing or via email Embarrassed

• We did early Valentine cards from DD to grandparents that had a picture revealing the pregnancy on a chalk board.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageOpheliaChem:
    I'm sort of weird because I get uncomfortable saying "I'm pregnant". I'd rather tell people in writing or via email Embarrassed

I'm the same way.  

We're pretty sure that we're going to just wait until Mother's Day weekend (which is also when FIL's birthday is) and let them figure it out themselves.  We live several hours away, so I won't be seeing them before then.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #1 26May12 - EDD 27Jan13 - DX blighted ovum 12Jul12 - M/C 2Aug12 
    BFP #2 13Jan13 - EDD 22Sep13 - DD born 20Sep2013!
    BFP #3 23Jul15 - EDD 1Apr16 - 
  • I feel really lame...I think we're just going to come out and tell people.  I did get DS a big brother shirt with my gym bucks, so maybe I can get my butt in gear and do something cute.
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I started off by telling family then I called my close friends. My mom kept posting stuff relating to being a grandma of facebook and I am the first in the family to start a family so she was blowing our secret so My husband and I made it facebook official. He posted a youtube video called She Gotta Bump and I posted saying first come love then comes marriage, then comes.... 
    10 weeks 3 days. "I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!" photo e491e466-5111-42f8-9aff-bb214351cd00.jpg Pregnancy Ticker image
  • imageSwimmersfin:
    I started off by telling family then I called my close friends. My mom kept posting stuff relating to being a grandma of facebook and I am the first in the family to start a family so she was blowing our secret so My husband and I made it facebook official. He posted a youtube video called She Gotta Bump and I posted saying first come love then comes marriage, then comes.... 

I would be so pissed at my mom if I was you.  This is one of the many reasons we are waiting for as long as possible to tell anyone.   

BFP #1 26May12 - EDD 27Jan13 - DX blighted ovum 12Jul12 - M/C 2Aug12 
    BFP #2 13Jan13 - EDD 22Sep13 - DD born 20Sep2013!
    BFP #3 23Jul15 - EDD 1Apr16 - 
  • imageTKtravels:

imageSwimmersfin:
    I started off by telling family then I called my close friends. My mom kept posting stuff relating to being a grandma of facebook and I am the first in the family to start a family so she was blowing our secret so My husband and I made it facebook official. He posted a youtube video called She Gotta Bump and I posted saying first come love then comes marriage, then comes.... 

I would be so pissed at my mom if I was you.  This is one of the many reasons we are waiting for as long as possible to tell anyone.   

Ditto

??
    Our little lightbulb is on the way!
    12 weeks 3 days

TTC since Oct 2011
    Me: 33, hypothyroidism since 14, cleared all HSG, US, Pre-pregnancy panel tests.
    Hubby: 36, testicular Ca, chemo April-May 2012.
    Natural cycle IUI #1 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jun 2012) Neg
    Natural Cycle IUI #2 with trigger and Progesterone Suppositories (Jul 2012) NEG
    Aug 2012 - break due to needing a girls' weekend in Cape Cod
    Natural Cycle IUI #3 with trigger and prednisone (Sep 2012) NEGATIVE
    Switched fertility clinics - forced break Oct 2012
    Natural Cycle IUI #4 (Nov 2012) no trigger, no progesterone, no prednisone (Nov 2012) - Neg
    1st round Clomid Cycle IUI #5 (Dec 2012) - POS
  • We were to a point but we also know she meant well and wasn't trying to do harm. It all worked out in the end. We both wanted to tell everyone but were only waiting because of how early it still is in the pregnancy.  I am glad I did it though been having fun with my post on fb. The other day I posted a clip of LOTR and put " I feel like a Hobbit. I'm ready for more food. LOL." 
    10 weeks 3 days. "I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew!" photo e491e466-5111-42f8-9aff-bb214351cd00.jpg Pregnancy Ticker image
  • With IL's I had MIL's side over and had her open up some bibs for her and her husband. FIL's side we did a picture. DH's deployed so this way he could see everyone's reaction in photos.

My family I think I'm just going to say it. They aren't that supportive of the marriage so I don't think a pregnancy will go over well.

Facebook Official: I'm using our Bloodhound holding an only child sign with the u/s after the 12wk window.

• I saw something awhile that i just cant get out of my mind. Someone posted saying that if they got pregnant, they were gonna tell everyone by making buns in the oven. I thought it was a super cute idea. Maybe you can do that, and see if they get the hint while they are in town. If they dont, come up with another super cute idea for a later date. Good luck!!!
  • For DS we took a picture of DH and I. We then printed "Camera-$200, Picture frame-$12, Photo processing-$2, Knowing there are 3 people in this picture- priceless" on the photo and placed it in the frame. We gave it to my parents and ILs for Christmas. Maybe you could do it as a Valentine's gift?
    On September 8th 2007, I married my best friend. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's my first..
    I haven't been able to keep my mouth shut but many of my close friends and family don't know... Just the ones who took it positively I told. I don't think he's told anyone yet thiugh
  • This may get kind of long, sorry in advance.

My parents 25th wedding anniversary is in about 2 weeks and for their anniversary my brothers and sisters and I went in to get them a 2 night stay at a bed and breakfast. I'm mailing them a gift certificate for the BB stay, I live 6 hours away, and plan to include a card from DH, DD and I also in the package. The first card will be "from the kids" with the BB gift cert and the second will be from "us" with a copy of the u/s picture. I'm planning to record them opening the card and luckily since my siblings all think it's their gift too they'll be present when they open it! I'm really excited! We also plan on mailing something to DHs family too, since they're 10 hours away, but we haven't quite nailed that all down yet.

For FB, I got DD an "I'm a big Sister" book a few weeks back, before getting KU, I found too good of a deal to pass up, and plan to take a picture of her in her big sis shirt "reading" the book.

Edited: Sorry for the formatting. I forgot that TB mobile hates parenthesis!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • With DD, I found a clip art picture online of a cartoon bun in an oven and I sent it out via text to everyone close to me. I didn't put any words to it, just the picture. Right away people started calling me and texting me back with words of congratulations.. they loved it. It was simple and cute.

Not sure what we are doing this time......

• I'm not sure yet. With DS we went to see my parents on Grandparent's Day and I put an u/s pic in the card.  Their anniversary is Feb 20th so I might make the announcement around that.  Or if they come to visit sooner (my mom makes sure she sees DS at least once a month since they live 2 hours away) I might put DS in his 'best big bro' shirt and let him tell.

I honestly don't care how we tell my in-laws.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • My parents are out of state so at 10 weeks I am planning on sending them a bunch of prunes (the size of the baby on the ticker)  and then skyping with them. I know they will think it is an old person joke so when I tell them that their newest grandchild is the size of the prune they will be very supprised.

I am telling my mil on sunday which is her birthday with a can of peas. The same idea as the prunes.

As for the rest of the family, I am not sure yet.

• I'm just emotionally drained from telling people then untelling people. So nothing cutesy. If we get past our about 10 week mark, I'll start telling people I guess just by saying "hey, we're having a baby"
    BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • imagesmilormarie:
    imageTKtravels:

imageSwimmersfin:

Ditto

same here. My mom is not on fb so it would never happen and she's good at secrets. DH's mom is on fb but she's also pretty good with keeping her mouth shut. However, DH's two aunts are not great with fb manners. They are both on fb a lot and reveal personal things on it imo. 

I have no idea of how we will reveal, to anyone. Actually to work I will outright say it pretty much as soon as I can (at the 12 w u/s). I will probably go straight from that doctor's appointment to my boss's office to let him know. He will have to prepare, as will the rest of the dept. And I want them to realize why I will have sucked for all of February...1st tri blows! As for everyone else, I think it would be really nice to do something cool but I don't know what! We just did a phone call last time and I think that's what we might do this time. I do think that Mother's Day is a bit late to reveal to the families, but Valentine's Day is way too early. We might decide to visit one set of parents on Easter in which case we could do it then.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemandyk1821:
    We did a shutterfly story book from my almost 2 year old to his grandparents for valentines day. The end of it is the big reveal. We didn't do ANYTHING fun with my first baby, so I'm excited to do something fun!

I am absolutely in love with this idea!! I may have to steal it!! I have already bought t-shirts for the kids, but a storybook is awesome...I could just take their pics of them in their new shirts and put it at the end....hmmm so much to think about now!!! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I know for my female friends I am going to give them a gift of wine and tampons and say something like, "Figured you could use these more than I can for a while."  For family, we tend to have  regular dinner outings with ILs so I am going to suggest barbecue one of the next times around and then pull out a bib saying, "Anyone need one of these? Because, we will!"

• We live in a different country to our parents, so it is hard, last time we skyped them and sent a picture of the first u/s at about 8 weeks, this time we have our second u/s next week, so we plan to Skype with DS wearing a Big Brother in Training T-shirt, we plan to take a picture and send it to them too, as Skype is not always the clearest picture.

Although my Mum already knows, as she came to visit last week and the U/S lady called to confirm the appointment,  my mum picked up the phone and the u/s lady told her everything...I was quite annoyed, not really how you want to tell people.

For our friends, we will just tell them, and they will not be surprised, they know we wanted children close together.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Diagnosed with Anti little c antibodies. DS1 7.11.11 - Anaemia and Jaundice. 10 days in the NICU, 1 exchange transfusion and 4 blood transfusions. DS2 29.8.13 - Anaemia 7 days in the NICU and 1 exchange transfusion. Both are now happy and healthy. 

• We told our families and close friends via mass text with the u/s photo at 7w3d. After my next dr. appt at 11w3d we want to make a fb announcement somehow incorporating our pets...saw some cute signs to put around their necks on Pinterest lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"