May 2011 Moms
Options

Crib to Bed transition

Has anyone moved their toddlers to a big kid bed (toddler or bigger)?

We just removed the sides on the crib today and I am wondering if anyone has had success and any tips they could share.

My 9yo was much easier, although there was a transition period.

My LO is the busiest kid ever and not sure we are ready for the transition or not.

Any tips would be appreciated. TIA. 

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Crib to Bed transition

• Options
    We have not transitioned yet, but I'm interested to see how many have and how it has gone! DD is still consistently waking up once between 3-5 for a bottle, so I don't want her getting out of her bed for that.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options

Well yesterday was such a nightmare for nap time that we had it turned back into a crib by bedtime. 

She is definitely not ready.  

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We tried and failed when DD was around 16 months old. We were hoping to transition her to a big girl bed so that we would not have to buy a crib for DD#2. We ultimately gave up and just bought another crib. I plan to try again when she is older and I can explain to her that it is a bed for BIG girls and she is not a baby like "sister". 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Two nights ago, DD climbed out of her crib and it was seriously one of the scariest moments of my life. Thankfully, she was fine, but we decided to just turn it into a toddler bed because I couldn't live with myself if she climbed out again and hurt herself. 

For nighttime, we're just sucking it up and laying in there on the floor next to her until she falls asleep. I'm honestly hoping that it will only be a week or so of doing this before she'll do it by herself. Fingers crossed.

For naptime, I'm trying to be extremely patient with her, telling her (repeatedly) that she needs to either lay on the floor or in her bed, and that she can either take a nap or read books. She's always tired by this time, so I figure even if she reads a little and then falls asleep, I don't care. At least mama is getting her quiet time. The last two days, it's taken about a half hour at each nap time before she eventually stays in there. I just keep telling myself that if I put in the hard work now, it'll pay off in the end.

And just go figure---this is my first week alone with the kids since my mom left Friday. As if making the transition from one kid to two wasn't enough, lol. Adding in a bed transition is not exactly what I was planning on. Oh well. It is what it is. :)

I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• Options
    Yeah, DD's still in a sleep sack at night, so luckily she can't climb out then, but I am just waiting for the day when she climbs out during nap time. I'm almost positive she could hook her foot up on the top of the crib and climb out.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    My daughter within the last week or so, is trying to figure out HOW to climb out. She hasn't yet, but I am not looking forward to it. She is an amazing sleeper/napper and I don't really want to mess with that.  
    My daughter is my hero.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"