Kentucky Babies

Lexington OB & Daycare

Hi All! We just moved to Lexington last week and I just found out I am pregnant last night. :-)

Does anyone have any recommendations for an OB? I need to schedule my first appointment.

I moved fron Atlanta where good daycare had a year waiting list, is that the case in lexington? does anyone have any good recommendations there?

tia! 

Re: Lexington OB & Daycare

• I use Associates for Women's Care at St Joseph East & Dr Butler mainly, but you do have to see all of the doctors there (just about all OBs in Lexington are like that). They have been wonderful with my pregnancies & even taking care of a problem from my 1st pregnancy where my old office left me hanging. 

That office was Lexington Women's Health & I do not rec them since they are way too big if you have an issue.  If you do want Central Baptist my second choice drs office was Women's Care Center there.  I had a lot of issues from my 1st pregnancy so I interviewed a lot of practices,so I'm not left with a medical issue (tissue left inside me) & no help.  St Joe East has a 30 percent c-section rate & Central Baptist has a 50 percent c-section rate,so it depends on what you like. I've been a patient at both hospitals & I liked St Joseph East better.  It was cleaner, the staff answered all of my questions,& the food was better.

As far as childcare I would checkout the Child Care Council of Central KY (for recs), it just depends on where you end up living. Most places have a 3-6 month wait. Make sure they are Stars certified.

TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • I go to Dr. Karen Schell at Lexington OB/GYN.  She is REALLY nice and is newer to the practice, so she's not as busy as the other OB's.  I've gone to Women Care Center and didn't like it.  I also went to the OB that is across the road from St. Joe East (Dr. Veloudis???) and liked it, but it's so far away from where we live now that I switched.  I REALLY like Lexington OB/GYN.  They're located in the building across from Central Baptist, with free valet parking.
  • Loading the player...
  • I use Dr. Midboe-Penn with UK OBGYN and she is absolutely amazing! I previously had Women's Care Center doctors and became very frustrated with them, during the time of my miscarriage. They were not very friendly and they had an attitude of well it's done, so now put it behind you. You can't just push a miscarriage to the side. Anyway, Midboe-Penn at UK is amazing, upfront and will answer any questions you have and they will also do ultrasounds whenever you ask.
  • Thanks all for the recommendations! I think I'm going to go on tours of each of the hospitals and see what the difference is. I appreciate it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"