3rd Trimester

Nursing Bra sizes for the large busted!!

I am normally a 32DD (yes! naturally, in case there are some of you who think other wise). I am currently in a 32F!! I am 37 weeks, I dont think my boobs are going to get much bigger until the baby comes! Stores dont carry my size!!! I am not sure if I need to get a nursing bra in about a 32F or ____? What is the 411 on buying nursing bra's being as I can only get them online.

Re: Nursing Bra sizes for the large busted!!

• Yeeaaaah... you aren't alone here. I'm a 38DD naturally, borderline DDD. My F pregnancy bra has gotten tight enough that I'm considering forking over the $50 for a Bravado nursing bra. I've heard great things about them from small to large chested women alike. (Bravado has a basic sizing guideline that is easy to understand)

Most maternity stores will carry F nursing bras. Some carry larger than that. Destination Maternity is one store that carries larger sizes 

Sorry, no clicky

https://www.amazon.com/Bravado-Body-Seamless-Nursing-Honeysuckle/dp/B00745NIVM/ref=sr_1_1?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1359586857&sr=1-1&keywords=bravado+nursing+bra 

ETA 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a 38 G when not pregnant and I'm pushing it currently.  I buy a 40F from Motherhood Maternity and just make it work.  I'm thinking about spending the money at Macys.com to get a nursing bra in my actual size but honestly, I'm too cheap LOL 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I shop at herroom.com and barenecessities.com they have some bra's for cheap! plus Barenecessities sends me coupons every now and again for being a customer! :)!
  • I'm (naturally also) a 32DDD. Nordstroms does carry up to H cups, I believe. Currently I'm wearing 36G, but I know that won't work by the time my milk comes in. Most maternity stores do not carry bras with small enough band sizes and large enough cup sizes. The only place I've found was Nordstroms, if you want to try it on before buying. Yes, they do carry nursing bras there. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Bravado has a very wide selection of sizes and they have a lot of give- like they can go up and down a few cup sizes during nursing so I would start there. I wore the bravado bliss in 32E when I was nursing (and then went down to a 32B post weaning- sadness!) Now I fit back into the bras but pull the straps tighter.
  • Sadly the closest Nordstroms is 5-6 hours from me! That i am not even sure of! I remember a friend of mine talking about shopping there once in college! and her parents live that far from where I am now! I never even been inside of one, or seen one TBH!
  • imageCountrygirl0289:
    Sadly the closest Nordstroms is 5-6 hours from me! That i am not even sure of! I remember a friend of mine talking about shopping there once in college! and her parents live that far from where I am now! I never even been inside of one, or seen one TBH!

Oh, that is sad... Yeah it was someone here on the Bump that told me about Nordstroms... I had never heard of it either! Try googling it, that's how I found my "local" one. (It'sstill about an hour from my house.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • I had an Anita brand bra with DS#1, and loved it. They are pricey, but it held up great, and they carry larger sizes. I'm a 34f-g. I also used Bravado nursing tanks and they were supportive, and nice for around the house those first few weeks, and also come in larger bust sizes.

• imageIncogNeato:
    I wore the bravado bliss in 32E

Bravado has actual sizes? I have only ever seen the generic XS, S, M, L, XL 

• Ok, I am full of knowledge in this department!!  I just ordered 3 bras from ladygrace.com.  Check it out!  They have every size imaginable from teeny to HUGE like me..and they carry the same brands as Nordstrom and are usually cheaper.   I love Nordstrom and used to work there (my mom still does) and its true, they have a great lingerie departmet and will measure you and they have a good variety.  Good brands are Elomi, Fantasie, and Wacoal.  I just got a catalog in the mail and they have such a variety of nursing bras too.  Goodluck! I am probably getting a reduction after baby..I have had issues with my breasts for far too long.  When I was measured for my wedding I was a K!!!!!! EWW..
  • Nordstrums carries 32 f I was that size with my first and that is where I went. I know they were more expensive but what else can you do

• Yea. So I'm naturally a 32DDD.  I'm currently a 34HH/J and I still have 2 months until this kid comes out and my milk comes in.  I recommend getting fit in a specialty store and ordering off the Nordstrom website if the store doesn't carry your size.  They have a great return policy if the bra isn't the right fit.

image image
    You fill me!!! Z! My BFP Chart
  • I'm (naturally) a 34G/GG pre-pregnancy, so I've been having a hard time with this as well. I've been wearing the Genie Bra (you can get it pretty cheap from Bed Bath and Beyond) pretty much this whole pregnancy. The sizing chart won't help you, so you may have to try it on. I ended up with a 2xl LOL. No underwire and pretty comfy, and can go through the wash. It isn't nearly as supportive or pretty as my regular bras, but it has been working for now. 

I am on the hunt for one that will work better for nursing, and I think I'm going to order one from Bella Materna. They have a few and in bigger sizes, that will supposedly stretch out a bit if you get bigger (which was my main concern). The one I'm looking at plus shipping is $30, and you don't pay to return/exchange it. So not bad. 

My usual go-to site is brastop.com. They have great bras in general, and much cheaper than everywhere else, even with the exchange rate. I typically order a bunch (in different sizes if I'm not sure) to try on and get free shipping, then return what doesn't fit and keep what does. They have a really good return policy (no questions asked within 30 days as long as it isn't worn/has tags on still) which encourages you to buy a few different sizes to see what will fit you best, as it varies from brand to brand. Unfortunately, they don't have a huge selection of maternity/nursing bras and they haven't gone on sale, so I still haven't ordered one from them yet; I may wait a little bit to be sure of the size.  

I did go to Nordstrom the other day just out of curiosity, but they don't actually carry maternity/nursing bras in store (at least this one didn't). They offered to fit me so I could buy from them online, but that doesn't really help me much so I didn't. I know Intimacy also has larger sizes, but I don't know if they have any maternity/nursing bras either. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"