3rd Trimester

lower back pain

I'm already suffering from some pretty gnarly lower back pain.  I went in for my first pre-natal massage and that felt great for about the 50 minutes they were working on me.  I'm trying to stretch bu that doesn't seem to be helping. 

I had hoped I'd be a tad bit further along when things started to get really painful.  :(  No such luck and this has been goign on for at least 1-2 weeks now.  Does anyone else with similar pain have any great stretching recommendations they might be able to describe? 

I'll be 31 weeks tomorrow and although I am so excited to be on the home stretch, 9 weeks is still a great deal of time to be in pain. 

New Mommy since 4/3/13

Re: lower back pain

• I'm right there with ya! My doctor gave me a stretch that relieves the tension: get on all fours (onto your forearms), and stick your butt in the air I feel like sometimes when I rock my hips back and forth it gives me an extra stretch...Either way it feels sooo good. Make sure you try and relax your back muscles when in this position. I hope this helps!
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Thank you so much!  I tried this last night and in the morning and definitely feel a good burn during the stretch.  I'm still feeling the pain, but it definitely relieves the pressure a little.  Maybe the benefit will increase as I keep it up.  

:) 

New Mommy since 4/3/13

• Loading the player...
  • A heating pad has helped wonders with my back pain during this pregnancy! Even just on low for 2 hours when it automatically shuts off while you are asleep makes a world of difference in the morning! If I don't use it the pain will only get worse as time goes on! Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"