March 2012 Moms
Options

New meal ideas

I need some new breakfast and lunch meal ideas for DS. I feel like his meals have gotten kind of boring and uninspired. What are some favorite meals you do for LO? He typically eats whatever we eat for dinner so he gets plenty of variation there, but breakfast and lunch feel very repetitive.

Bonus points if they're quick/easy ideas or can be prepared ahead of time :)

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
DS born 3.12 
DD born 7.14

Re: New meal ideas

• Options
    We've been making cocoa wheat sans sugar.. LO loves it! I wasn't sure about the cocoa powder in it but she has been fine with it.
  • Options
    DD likes lentils with rice and whatever veggie I feel like putting in with it. Not always easy to pick up though so I usually end up feeding it to her.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS loves cut up blueberries, strawberries, and grapes with yogurt for breakfast. Lunch is usually toast, a peice of American cheese, and a fruit or veggie.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I have a long list from daycare. I'll try to remember to share when I get home.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options

DD really liked when I made baked oatmeal. Also, you can make mini omelettes in a muffin tin (or mini muffin tin) - scramble eggs w/ cheese/meat/veggies and portion into the tins, make in the oven until set. They keep in the fridge for about a week and they reheat really nicely.

image        image
  • Options
    imageIrisheyes1247:

DD really liked when I made baked oatmeal. Also, you can make mini omelettes in a muffin tin (or mini muffin tin) - scramble eggs w/ cheese/meat/veggies and portion into the tins, make in the oven until set. They keep in the fridge for about a week and they reheat really nicely.

I like the idea of mini omelettes. DS hasn't been eating his scrambled eggs much lately so maybe mixing it up with some cheese or veg would help. Do you think they would freeze well?

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options
    imagemrscjmb9410:

Isaac likes pancakes and french toast (cinnamon only, no sugar!), I just put (dairy/soy free) butter on them. I make big batches on the weekend and then freeze them, then pop them in the toaster during the week.

It's also helpful for DH and I, if we're short on time or rushing, we can pair 1 or two slices with some fruit. 

DS likes pancakes, but we've never done french toast. Thanks for the idea! Anything that can be done in a batch and frozen sounds good to me.

DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Options

We make and freeze different kinds of muffins.  Pull out of freezer and microwave 30 seconds.  DD also likes eggs mixed with spinach.  She doesn't like eggs as well plain. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelindslalala:
    imageIrisheyes1247:

I like the idea of mini omelettes. DS hasn't been eating his scrambled eggs much lately so maybe mixing it up with some cheese or veg would help. Do you think they would freeze well?

i think you could bake and freeze, or you could just make a small batch, just use 2 eggs and see what that gets you. when i did them in mini muffin tins, dd would eat 2 or 3 (i used a heart shaped one which i think was a little smaller than the average mini muffin tin)

image        image
  • Options
    imageIrisheyes1247:
    imagelindslalala:
    imageIrisheyes1247:

i think you could bake and freeze, or you could just make a small batch, just use 2 eggs and see what that gets you. when i did them in mini muffin tins, dd would eat 2 or 3 (i used a heart shaped one which i think was a little smaller than the average mini muffin tin)

Thanks! I made baked oatmeal yesterday too and he loved it! Thanks everyone for the suggestions!

DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"