Georgia Babies

3 in 1 Carseat

Does anyone have any experience with a 3 in 1 carseat?  With DS #1 and now with DS #2, we started with the typical infant carrier, then transitioned DS #1 to a Britax forward facing seat.  We still have a while before DS #2 will grow out of the infant carrier, however once he does I was thinking of getting DS #1 a 3 in 1 seat since it converts to a booster.  I found this when I was making a Target run:

https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Nautilus-Car-Seat-Matrix/dp/B0011URFRE

Does anyone have it - any pros / cons? TIA!

Re: 3 in 1 Carseat

• Bailey is in that one in dh's car but in the britax frontier in my car. Personally I like the frontier better. The crotch strap in the graco is a lot tigher and it's not as comfortable as the frontier for Bailey. The graco is also a lot bulkier. I can't use it when I do three across my middle row. With either one I love that I can keep Bailey in a 5pt harness for a while. He's tall/big for his age so we had to do something since he out grew his marathon. 
    BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I agree that the frontier is better. Easier install and better buckle. Personally, I wouldn't use one for less than a 2.5 year old b/c it is so upright and uncomfortable for them to sleep in. There is really no recline at all and even at 5 years, Gavin's head flops forward when he dozes off.

• Loading the player...
  • We have the Evenflo Symphony 65 and really like it.  Rear facing, forward facing, and booster in one. 
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • We also have the Britax frontier and Colin is very comfortable in it. I also like that it's flush to the seat and low so that he can climb in himself. My plan is to keep him in the 5pt harness as long as possible and this seat will allow me to do that and then to use it as a seatbelt booster. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Lauren is 6 and still in her Britax Roundabout 50!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • imageLouise06:
    Lauren is 6 and still in her Britax Roundabout 50!

Good point, Gavin has the frontier in DHs car but is still in his Marathon in mine. Haven't even moved the straps to the highest setting. He is pretty tall for his age but also super skinny. We definitely got our monies worth on that marathon. Sophie is in the Roundabout 50 and will probably last till at least 5.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"