Pregnant after IF

Mat leave advice needed (long) - update posted below

Some back story first. I would love to not work for my company, there are good and bad aspects but I am bored and not challenged.

now, I spoke to my boss today on my maternity leave. We had spoken briefly before, he wanted me to move to the East Coast and I advised that I could not. I thought then I would be made redundant and that was OK with me.

He previously suggested that I work part time when I get back and he would hire a new me on the east coast, again, not a bad solution for me too. I earn a very good salary so PT salary would still be good.

Now today. He suggests that as I will be without pay from the day I start mat leave that he is willing to pay me from that day PT salary. I confirmed that I could not guarantee that I will be available during mat leave for ANY work or contact and he was fine with that, he just did it want to leave me in the lurch without pay.

Part of me thinks that he was being sincere and just a nice offer. The bigger part of me is questioning this wondering what have I missed and what am I giving up here and will get scr.ewed over.

Once I go PT I will lose benefits as less than 40 hours (company policy) and he would have to pay that if I was just to go out n mat leave. Is this just a way to get around this?

So what am I missing here ladies. To help I am in CA and a VP for my company. I just feel the other shoe will drop.

What do you think?? I asked my BMB the same question too

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

Re: Mat leave advice needed (long) - update posted below

• I don't know - it sounds like it could be either a nice gesture or a way to get around insurance.  Hard to tell ...
    Me: 35 DH: 37 TTC since 4/2010
    DX: 6/9/2011: Azoo ICSI/IVF only option for biological child
    IVF #1: ER - 9/26 * ET - 10/1 * beta#1 10/13 - 140 * beta#2 10/17 - 477 * beta#3 10/20 - 1101
    1st u/s at 6w6d - one hb * 2nd u/s at 8w3d - no hb detected 11/10/11 * natural m/c 11/13/11
    FET #1 Jan/Feb 2012 - 3 delays - cancelled 2/13
    FET #1.2 - May/June 2012 - ET 6/6/* beta#1 6/15 - 95 * beta #2 6/19 - 322 * beta #3 6/22 - 940
    7/6 1st u/s @ 7 weeks - one beautiful hb - released from RE
    EDD 2/22/2013
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL welcome
    imageimageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Well, do you need your insurance benefits while on mat leave or can you get on YHs without difficulty? If the insurance isn't a huge deal, why not take the PT paid salary during mat leave? It's free money that you wouldn't otherwise get.
    Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with kames. Look into this a but further before deciding which it sounds like you will anyway. I feel like my boss did a lot of the same crap before I left for my leave. I don't have the option of working pt so situations are different. However I would hesitate to make any major career decisions at this point. If legally your job must be held then I would hold it until your 12 week mark and decide then. If you're vp of a company I assume that pt salary is going to make or break you vs no salary during your leave but again I don't know your finances. Good luck! I know it's a tough decision....
    TTC #1 Since January 2011 Dx: PCOS and Anovulatory April 2012 BFP! Beta 1 5/22 - 1,000+ Beta 2 5/24 - 3,009 1st u/s 6/5 - TWINS!!! A/S Reveals we are Team PURPLE!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image  12/27 - surprise BFP - due August 2014
  • So weird..... If you aren't on your DH's insurance, I would not take the PT and have the insurance instead.  I'm sort of in the pessimistic "I don't trust it" zone right now, though

BTW... you  have PM

TTC #1 Since 4/2010, Cycle 30
    Positive for HLA-B27, I'm a mutant :p
    Testing - Me ok, gluten issue? DH - borderline count, low motility
    4/28/11 IUI#1 = BFP!(5/25), EDD 2/2/12 - m/c 5w3d
    7/3, 7/31, 9/25 - IUI#2-4=BFN
    IVF#1 - 1 blast = BFP!! (12/30), EDD 9/9/12, confirmed c/p 4w2d
    FET#1 3/2/12 - 2 blasts =BFP!! EDD 11/18/12, us#1 = twins! Confirmed m/c 5w6d
    4/20-surprise BFP and another c/p 4w2d
    FET#2 7/16/12 - 2 blasts = BFN
    FET#3 8/20/12 - 1 blast - BFP!! Beta #1-2=177, 354
    1st u/s 5w6d, one beautiful little HB :), 2nd u/s 146bpm
    baby girl born 5/10/13

TTC#2 since 12/17/2014, Cycle 8
    Repeat Testing...FSH=12, AMH=3.8, AFC=28. 
    IUI#5 5/10/15- c/p?
    IVF#2 8/19/15 - cancelled due to cysts
    IVF#2 take two 10/2015 - 5 blasts frozen
    FET#4 12/11/2015 - BFN - 4 blasts remaining
    FET#5 2/18/16 - BFP!!!  Beta1-3, 126, 250, 745!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Tons of love and ((hugs)) to my IF sister NMscubagirl

• I, too, would be skeptical.  Do you work for a large corporation?  If so...I would be even more so.  And would definitely contact HR to further investigate before making a decision.

I hate to be pessimistic, but unfortunately with large companies (and I do work for one), you just never know what is going on behind closed doors.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah this sounds odd, but what do I know, I know very little when it comes to what private companies can do. He could be unaware of what he is able to get away with as well and still be trying to make a nice gesture. I would definitely research it and good luck!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • Update: found out the offer was purely a kind gesture as he cannot believe that women may have 12 weeks off without pay.

i spoke to my HR person and she will speak to him in a couple of weeks to work it through. As I am looking at going part-time, I will not lose medical benefits if the company say it was their decision, and they are willing to do that.

looms like it may work out, maybe pay or no pay, still to see on that one. Funny thing was once I told the HR person she then told me she was pg so we have precedence issues now :) it will be interesting how this all falls out 

Multiple ectopics, 2 failed IVF's
    IVF #1: Did not get to ET, embies all failed PGD (major chromosomal defects)
    IVF #2: We have 2 chromosomally perfect embies as a result of PGD (Boy/Girl) 1 failed the thaw (Girl) Transferred 1, yet ended as a c/p
    Thought it was the end of our TTC Journey 6/20/2012
    SHOCK BFP 9/28/2012: IT'S A BOY! and everything is normal !!!!!!

Little A born 38w 2d on 05/23/13 and is a true miracle for this IF Vet!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"