Illinois Babies

Looking for a Pediatrician on Chicago Southside or South Suburbs area

Hello all,

My LO is 9 month old. We picked a pediatrician before I delivered. We are fairly confortable with the group.However, On our recent appointment I expressed my concerned on his milk intake and our current pediatrician recomended that I stopped breasfeeding and suplement with formula. Im not very happy with his approach as I would like to continue nursing... Im wondering if it may time to change doctors and Im wondeirng if anyone can recomend a pediatrician in my area. Thanks! 

imageimageimage

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /> <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Re: Looking for a Pediatrician on Chicago Southside or South Suburbs area

• I'm not sure how far south you are, but another option is to consider seeing a Lactation Consultant for peace of mind. (Many insurances will cover this.) I had supply issues and our pediatrician - who is great - readily admitted that doctors don't receive great training on supporting breast feeding. He suggested supplementation, but said he understood my desire to keep nursing, too (His first rule is "feed the baby"), and helped me get domperidone after I had seen an LC and asked for a prescription. I felt that our pedi was supportive but just didn't have the training. We saw Lavawn Souther in Crown Point, IN, who is an absolute angel and saved our nursing relationship. Her info (and others who may be closer) is at https://www.lowmilksupply.org/lc.shtml

peace,
    katharine

Book-Kitten blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"