Nurseries and Baby Gear

Making baby food!

This may be in a previous post, so if so I am sorry. I have a question though... I am going to make baby food this time around and wonder how to travel with it. Before when my son was a baby and we went somewhere and he needed to eat I just popped open a jar of baby food at room temp and we were good to go! however if this is homemade you have to keep it chilled so what do i do?? Please help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Making baby food!

• I would take it out of the freezer and usually by the time we got anywhere it would be defrosted and ready to heat up. Restaurants were always super helpful in microwaving it or finding a way to heat with warm water. If I knew we were going somewhere where it would be difficult Id just bring a jar or do BLW depending on age and capability. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Natural M/C 1.10 MMC 1.13 CP 12.13
    This is for all the caterpillars that never became butterflies. And for all the butterflies that never felt the wind in their wings. And for all the hearts that had hopes and dreams of a wondrous flight together.
  • I bought little glass pyrex bowls with plastic lids and dropped the cubes in there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • imageLittleApple:
    I bought little glass pyrex bowls with plastic lids and dropped the cubes in there.

this
    eliza bopple
    Eliza born 1-25-12
    Baby 2 EDD 7-18-14
  • If we were eating out, I would put it in the fridge a few hours before to defrost. Then once we got to the restaurant, I would pour out some of the water and add a bit of hot water to warm it up.

We would also work on some baby led weaning if we forgot to defrost it before hand. There were always some veggies or fruit on the menu that would work.

• What everyone else plus we would just buy some pouches of food for when we were stuck or traveling. I would just wait for a sale and use coupons etc. but we take the everything in moderation approach
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"