Baby Showers

Is this tacky?

So I finally went through all the clothes I got from my shower (I am SO blessed to have gotten so many gifts!! There isn't much that I need to go out and buy at all..) I've been shopping the clearance racks at some favorite stores all along and aparantly so have some of my family because I ended up with some duplicate items (some in the same size - some not)...

I have a friend due with a boy also the day after me (it's her 4th and her other son is 9 so she doesn't have any of the baby boy stuff anymore). I plan on getting her a bouncy chair as a gift (she isn't having a shower)... would it be tacky to also give her some of the duplicate things that I received (I've got some onesies and a couple of sleepers - - really not a lot)... or should  just keep them all since the little guy will probably go through them?

I just know they are in need and she'd appreciate them also but I don't want to be super tacky by re-gifting...

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Is this tacky?

• As long as you are sure that none are from her, I would give them to her. I re-gifted several things from my shower last time since I could not figure out where they were from.
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• I agree with Pp as long a they are from her or guests at her shower that would and them to you originally

• Loading the player...
  • Agree with PPs- if you're certain she didn't give them to you and she doesn't know the people that did, it's fine. 

BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't know that I would pass them off as a gift, but I'd have no qualms telling her you have way too much and here is a bag of stuff. 
  • Ditto the PP.  I'd just call her and say "I have about a dozen duplicates, and you're welcome to them if you'd like them."

• imageRoxyLynn:

Ditto the PP.  I'd just call her and say "I have about a dozen duplicates, and you're welcome to them if you'd like them."

Great idea! I know she didn't get them for us because she was actually invited to my other shower for my church friends which isn't until next week. But I think I'll give them to her under the pretext that they ad doubles that she might get more use out of than I will!!

Pregnancy Ticker PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • imagePunkyBooster:
    I don't know that I would pass them off as a gift, but I'd have no qualms telling her you have way too much and here is a bag of stuff. 

This! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Maybe you could host a baby sprinkle for her and invite a few close friends and family? I think it is great for every new baby to have a small celebration! 

I see nothing wrong with re-gifting... I got WAY too many baby clothes for my DS. He barely wore some things! In fact, I had NO idea that a lot of the things labeled "3 months" really meant 0-3 months, so he never even wore a few! He was onto 3-6 month clothes by the time he was 2 months. A baby really only needs maybe ten outfits in each size (onesies, sleepers, etc.). I am dreading having a girl this time and people giving me even more baby clothes that I simply do not need!

• I wouldn't necessarily pass them off as a "new" gift from you (even though they are new) I would put them all in a gift bag and wrap each with tissue paper.  I would let her know that they are duplicates you received and thought she could make use for them (even if she had saved all baby clothes it is nice for a newborn to have some new clothes).  Especially since she didn't see you open them...they would be like a surprise for her (hence putting them in a gift bag).  You are already giving her a "gift" of the bouncy chair. 
  • I wouldn't because there's a risk that it would be tagged on Facebook and somehow get back to the person who gave you the duplicate item. I'd consider giving her some of the other outfits though that you found on clearance. With digital media, she may take a picture and be like "look at what X gave me!" Tag you, then the person who gave you the item sees that.

I am pretty sure my friend may have picked up some items that I am going to give her. The local Wal-mart-like store had clearance and the items 30-50% off were an additional 50% off so I paid 2 to 5 dollars for brand new outfits. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"