Adoption

Captain Serious - you inspire me

I just finished reading part 1 and part 2 of your posts and although I cannot relate, I am certainly inspired by your dedication to your sons.  You keep up the great work you have been doing by being their advocates, parent and stable force in their lives.  It really is so wonderful to read about even if you have your daily ups and downs.  I have learned so much by reading your posts and I just wanted to thank you.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

Re: Captain Serious - you inspire me

• HA!  I'm glad I'm inspiring to someone, because on days like yesterday...I just want to run away.  It was the first time since M's really bad transition times that I felt completely overwhelmed and numb, and I don't want to go back to those days.

Seriously, though, thank you.  You flatter me.  I'm just glad I can help.  I always put it out there because it helps me to express it to others who can mostly understand and I've often gotten great advice from posters here.  I also figure, if it helps someone else to know what we've gone through and what transitions and various stages look like, than I want to do what I can to make more information available.

• Loading the player...
  • imageIRR:
    I just finished reading part 1 and part 2 of your posts and although I cannot relate, I am certainly inspired by your dedication to your sons.  You keep up the great work you have been doing by being their advocates, parent and stable force in their lives.  It really is so wonderful to read about even if you have your daily ups and downs.  I have learned so much by reading your posts and I just wanted to thank you.

This. All of it. You are an amazingly strong woman. And while I can't relate to what you are going through (and so I don't always respond on your posts), I am cheering you and your family on every day.

• I agree.  I find your posts to be inspiring and helpful, especially as we embark on our international adoption journey. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • Thank you all.  Honestly, I often fear you all just tolerate most of my more personal, anecdotal posts, but I continue to post them for the reasons above.  I'm glad to know that you find them useful and appropriate to the board.  I'd hate to have to find an off-board somewhere geared more strictly to parenting or our specific special needs.  This place, and you ladies, have always felt like "home" to me.
  • I'm part of the Captain Fan Club, too!  Big Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker<Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • I agree w/ everyone else!!! Well said IRR :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"