February 2013 Moms

37 Week Appt Yesterday

I had my 37 week appointment yesterday, and I was having some upper stomach pains yesterday morning.  So my doctor wanted to check me to see if I was dilated.  I am 1 cm, and she said everything looks great.  I came home and was working from home.  When I went to the bathroom the toilet was full of blood.  I know they say you can spot from being checked, but this was way more than spotting.  I called the doctor who told me to watch things for the next hour or so, and if it didn't get better to go to L&D.  The LO was moving around and such still and my water hadn't broken.  My husband ended up taking me to L&D where I was checked out, and they determined the bleeding was normal.  The LO is doing really well, but he is still pretty high at this point. I felt better after going to L&D and getting things checked out, but I was shocked at the amount of blood I had just from getting checked.  I am still having some off and on brown spotting but nothing like I had yesterday.  Hopefully by tomorrow it stops.  Anyone else have spotting when getting checked?

Re: 37 Week Appt Yesterday

• Yes, I did. I called my dr. and she said she was only concerned if I was filling a pad in 15 minutes. Still, I'm sure that was a very scary experience for you! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • How scary! I've never had spotting/bleeding from being checked, but I would have been terrified! I probably would have gone straight in without waiting, but I tend to overreact to things too. Glad that everything turned out normal and okay!!!
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• Loading the player...
  • It definitely was scary!!! I am hoping this week if she checks me things go much better :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"