January 2013 Moms

Similac Alimentum

I posted this on the 0-3 mon board but i thought I'd try on our board too: Anyone with a baby on Alimentum (or have in the past), have you found a place to buy it cheaper? We are running out of our samples we got from the doctor and need to start purchasing this. I hear it can be quite pricey so I was wondering what store has them for the best price. TIA!
PitaPata Dog tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP #2 11/6/13 - EDD 7/14/14 - blighted ovum discovered @ 7w - natural m/c @ 10w3d

BFP #3 5/25/14 - EDD 2/1/15 - Hoping this is our 2nd little owl Lilypie Maternity tickers

A/S findings: Baby is a girl! EIF found on heart :( but maternit21 came back neg for chromosome disorders!!

Re: Similac Alimentum

• Hi -- my first son (who is now two) needed Alimentum (and then we switched to Nutramigen, which was even better for his little tummy) because he had colitis. We had his pediatrician write him a prescription so that his insurance company would cover the cost of the formula. We paid about $25 for a full month's supply (15 cans of powered formula).

If there is a medical reason your baby needs the Alimentum? If so, I'd definitely recommend calling your insurance company to see if they will cover the cost.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm a Lurker BUT we had to use Alimentum and I remember how much it sucked to pay for...

Our insurance company would NOT pay for it, even though it was a medical necessity. We found the best price to be at Bed Bath and Beyond because you could use the BBB coupons, manufacturer coupons, and a Similac check all at the same time. It really helped with the cost. Make sure you sign up for Similac's "Strong Moms" program so they will send you formula checks. Have family & friends sign up too.

Good luck. It was expensive, but made SUCH a difference for my daughter. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"