Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Waking 45-1hr after going to bed

UGH! My baby wakes up 45min-1hr after going to bed almost every night now. She cries and cries and if we pick her up she is worse. Even BFing won't calm her. I have tried CIO a bit and it doesn't seem to make a difference. We do it, she calms down and she cries again within 5 min. HELP! We are not getting a lot of sleep around here as this seems to go on for hours sometimes. :(
6 & 2 year old, 2 losses

Re: Waking 45-1hr after going to bed

• Is she hungry? Could also be teething or a growth spurt.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 5 weeks of this! she is fine if i hold her....
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • Loading the player...
  • I presume you've tried all soothing as in if she takes a binky given it to her, etc? to it around like she's not clueing in that its night time and instead acting like a nap....do you have a bed time routine?
  • yes to all those ?s. I believe she is overtired and ready to move to 2 naps a day based on what I am reading online. Poor kiddo.
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
  • I'm going through this too.  My LO just woke up crying after only 20 minutes of being asleep.  It takes forever to get him to sleep in the first place!  He's just going through the 4 month wakeful.  I know my little guy was way overtired today so that could be contributing to his fussiness.

DS born 9/25/12
    DS #2 due 6/13/16
  • imagepumpkinhead4:
    yes to all those ?s. I believe she is overtired and ready to move to 2 naps a day based on what I am reading online. Poor kiddo.

My LO has been taking two naps a day. She puts herself to bed at 5:30-6 ever night. Last night it was the WORST, but thankfully only the first time she has done it, she got only a 25 minute nap all day and by the time I got home from work and ready to sit down she had an absolute FIT! I put her in her swing and let her CIO with her nuk and she eventually passed out. She woke up all happy 4 hours later to eat. It's so hard to guess what they are crying for when you've already tried every option there is to soothe her.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My DD does this all the time, but it is usually because she is hungry. I'm not sure what to do about it though.
  • This is close to what I experience EVERY night.  30 mins after putting him to bed he wakes up.  So I go up to his room and spend another 30-45 mins putting him back to sleep. I have to do this about 3 times.  I just got the No Cry Sleep Solution so I'll see how it goes. My LO doesn't want to be put done awake.  He starts to flail his arms and legs and just gets really po'ed.  I was just thinking I'd have to rock this boy to sleep every night until he leaves for college!  Good luck to both of us.

imageimage 

• My kid has been doing this for 2 weeks now. She's 4.5 months. We feed her again. Not sure if she really needs it but she takes a full feeding, even if she just had a top up before bed. No advice wish we could stop it cause after that, we spend at least the next hour getting her down for good again
  • The more I am reading it sounds like a self soothing issue and sleep transitions. I got the No Cry Sleep Solution book and she outlines they phases of sleep they go through and it makes sense that she is waking and needing help falling back to sleep. It's not that she's hungry or anything else. A tip I read is to soothe however you normally do but shorten that time by a min each night. Also use cue words that you might use at initial bed time to get them to go back to bed...GL ladies, this sucks!!!
    6 & 2 year old, 2 losses
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"