August 2013 Moms

Do you ever round up your weeks?

I will be 11 weeks Monday. And I said that was 11 weeks and they were confused because they are a week behind and stated they weren't 10 weeks yet. I said I rounded up. Am I the only one that does that?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Nezi again

Re: Do you ever round up your weeks?

• I do.  Days 1-4 I round down and 4-6 I round up.  Only because I think I would sound a bit obsessive if I reply "12 weeks, 5 days" :) 
    Both conceived using 7.5 mg Femara+Ovidrel+IUI

• imageRivieraBound:
    I do.nbsp; Days 14 I round down and 46 I round up.nbsp; Only because I think I would sound a bitnbsp;obsessive if Inbsp;reply "12 weeks, 5 days"nbsp;:nbsp;

This exactly.
  • Loading the player...
  • Once I get to midweek I round up but that's because of wishful thinking!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageuvallie:
    Once I get to midweek I round up but that's because of wishful thinking!!

Haha! Yesssss it kind of makes me feel better about the time. Lol!
  • No, I don't round.

In fact, every morning, part of my routine is to say "today is 10w5d and today will never happen again." helps me appreciate the good days and comforts me on bad days. Plus, it makes me feel like I am being mindful of my experience with this baby, not letting her get lost in the shuffle of life with a busy toddler. I was anxious for the end last time, but I'm trying to savor this one.
  • imageplunderb:
    No, I don't round. In fact, every morning, part of my routine is to say "today is 10w5d and today will never happen again." helps me appreciate the good days and comforts me on bad days. Plus, it makes me feel like I am being mindful of my experience with this baby, not letting her get lost in the shuffle of life with a busy toddler. I was anxious for the end last time, but I'm trying to savor this one.

I do the same thing! I know this will be my last. I'm trying to enjoy everyday since I know this will not happen again. 

Wife to Michael 5/25/02 
    Mom to Reilly 3/13/03 
    Mom to Ryder 7/26/13
    BFP 12/10/12
    Beta 12/12/12: 351 @16 dpo 
    Beta 12/17/12: 2999 @21 dpo 
    Beta 12/20/12: 7539 @24 dpo 

• I do not. I don't use the days unless I am talking to my physician so even if I am 13 weeks 5 days I just say 13 weeks.
    imageimageimageimage

• imageamarissa85:
    I do not. I don't use the days unless I am talking to my physician so even if I am 13 weeks 5 days I just say 13 weeks.

I do that too. I think it depends where I am . I am ready to be out of the first trimester and it think its a mental thing to feel closer to it by rounding up. Weird I know. I will do the same thing when I am getting closer to 24 weeks when the baby is considered viable.
  • When I'm within a day or two of the next week and I am feeling optimistic, I say "I'm almost... "  So like tomorrow when I'm 13 w 5 d I might say "I'm almost 14 weeks" or "I'll be 14 weeks on Sunday" or something like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageIblamethebeer:
    When I'm within a day or two of the next week and I am feeling optimistic, I say "I'm almost... "  So like tomorrow when I'm 13 w 5 d I might say "I'm almost 14 weeks" or "I'll be 14 weeks on Sunday" or something like that.

I do the same thing. 

On September 8th 2007, I married my best friend. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I usually just say the week "I'm 12 weeks" except on Sundays when I'll say "I'll be 13 weeks tomorrow" (My ticker change is on Mondays)
  • I usually say the week and day.
  • I do a combo of all of the above. I'm only specifically accurate to my doctor, mother, and MIL. 

Friends, I round, b/c that's all they really care about (half way through the week I start saying "I'm almost/I am 12 week")

Anybody else? I round up. Mainly because I'm a little bigger in stature, so it makes me feel better if strangers think it's just baby. :)

• I always round up. I've been measuring small and my due date even got pushed back because of it, so any little opportunity I can get to be "further along" I take!
  • My weeks change on Sunday, so by Friday I start rounding up. When I had a little ultrasound at 10 weeks, I was measuring 2 days ahead (I know its no big deal, but if gives me an excise to round up!)  :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageamarissa85:
    I do not. I don't use the days unless I am talking to my physician so even if I am 13 weeks 5 days I just say 13 weeks.
    This exactly.
    image image

• It would depend who I was talking to. A co-worker? I'd round up or down. My family and friends? I'll tell them down to the day.

But every single day I roll over in bed in the morning and simply say, "__ weeks and __ days!". Some days DH beats me to it.  We worked so hard to get here and know it may never happen again, so each one of those days, no matter how "obsessive" it may sound to someone else is an amazing gift to us.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• It also depends on who I'm talking to, especially if they're a mom or not.  Random people, I tend to round to months - like right now, I'd just say three months.  My mom, close friends who are or have been pregnant, I'll usually say it down to the day, or "I'll be 13 weeks on Friday".  
    Natural m/c 8/31/12 at 11 wks BFP #2 - Due August 16!
  • It depends on who I am talking to. If its my close friends, hubby or family I usually say x weeks and x days.

If its someone else I usually say the week I am closest too. Like I am 11 weeks 3 days today, I would say 11 weeks.

• I don't. 

If at 10 weeks and 5 days someone asked how far along I was I'd either say 10 weeks or about 10 weeks.

I don't want to get ahead of myself. The end is long enough. 

DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker
  • With DH or my mom, I usually say exactly how far along I am.  To others I usually say "I'm just about _____ weeks" or I'm just over _____ weeks".  

BFP #1 4/10/12 D&C 6/5/12@ 12.5wks EDD 12/17/12
    BFP #2 9/10/12 CP 9/19/12@ 5.5wks EDD 5/21/13
    BFP# 3 12/3/12...Lukas James born 8/15/13
    BFP# 4 8/4/14 EDD 4/13/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I guess it depends. My week changes on Fridays, so if it were wednesday or thursday, I would say, xx weeks on Friday.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I usually say the day, but even at say, 11w1d I would think "I'm in my 12th week!". I'm just so excited to get out of the 1st tri.
  • I usually just say I'm ___ weeks or ___ 1/2 weeks if it's over the halfway mark through the week.  I always forget how many days I am when someone asks (if I'm not thinking about it before) so if its close to the weekend (since I change on Wednesday) I just add 1/2 to the end until the next week comes.
  • imageLaurakat81:
    ...But every single day I roll over in bed in the morning and simply say, "__ weeks and __ days!". Some days DH beats me to it.  We worked so hard to get here and know it may never happen again, so each one of those days, no matter how "obsessive" it may sound to someone else is an amazing gift to us.

This makes me smile.  After seeing you on the loss boards and stalking your blog for a while, I'm extra happy for you guys!   <3

imageimageimage
  • Oh yes, I totally round up after the mid-week mark!  Makes the time go by faster!
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker 
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If I'm more than half way through the week then I usually round up.  It also depends who I'm talking to.  If it's a doctor I would say that exact timing in weeks and days.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageuvallie:
    Once I get to midweek I round up but that's because of wishful thinking!!

Looks like we are due date twins :-)

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageRivieraBound:
    I do.  Days 1-4 I round down and 4-6 I round up.  Only because I think I would sound a bit obsessive if I reply "12 weeks, 5 days" :) 

This is what I do too. 

Me: 32
    DH: 37
    Married: May 24, 2008
    TTC #2 since: June 2020
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"