Baby Names

Few boy name ideas

Hi Ladies. I am 22 weeks pregnant and have no idea what to name my baby boy. I have a 2 and 1/2 year old named Colin. I was originally liking Jameson and Reid but have heard negative feedback on Jameson and Reid is getting really popular. I was just exploring names and came across these. What do you think

1. Kane- Irish "little Battler" (If you like this name would you choose another spelling?)

2. Rainer or Rayner

3. Ryder

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Few boy name ideas

• I like Jameson - too many whiskey comments?

FWIW, Reid is barely within the Top 300 (it was 296 as of 2011).

1. Kane - I don't like it, not because of the biblical connotation, I just don't like the way it sounds

2. Rainer or Rayner - I don't like this either, it sounds made up or like a last name

3. Ryder - It's ok, but I don't love it.

• FWIW, I really like Jameson and Reid (although you might not get much love for Jameson here on the board). I'm not really a fan of your other names. Ryder is the only one I kind of like.
  • Loading the player...
  • I think Reid and Colin make a great sibset.  I also don't think Reid is super popular (If anything, I hear it more in the middle name spot).  

I really don't care for your other 3 options (sorry!), but if I had to pick, I'd say Kane.

Other ideas:  Dean, Bennett, Drake, Spencer, Weston, Trenton, Carter... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kane- dislike

Rainer or Rayner: first thought

Ryder - avoid if you don't like trendy and I only hear "ride her"

With Colin, how about Cormac, Brenden, Ian or Rhys?

• I like Reid a lot and I only know one Reid and he is 9.

Other ideas could be: Shane, Kipling, Caleb, Cale, Connor, Silas, or what about Ryan? It's simpler, but still within the R's that you are drawn to.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageWack2:

Hi Ladies. I am 22 weeks pregnant and have no idea what to name my baby boy. I have a 2 and 1/2 year old named Colin. I was originally liking Jameson and Reid but have heard negative feedback on Jameson and Reid is getting really popular. I was just exploring names and came across these. What do you think

1. Kane- Irish "little Battler" (If you like this name would you choose another spelling?)

2. Rainer or Rayner

3. Ryder

1 - Kane. I do think of Cain and Abel or the awful movie Raising Cain. "Little Battler" indeed! As an alternative, I would normally suggest Cole but not when you alreayd have a Colin.

2 & 3 - Not crazy about either Rainer or Rayner or Ryder but I don't hate them. I'd prefer Reid.

As far as Jameson goes, I do get the connotation of booze from it. So I always say: why not just James?

• image526SadieSadie:

FWIW, Reid is barely within the Top 300 (it was 296 as of 2011).

Colin and Reid would make a really cute sibset! I'm not a fan of your other names. How about Grant or Rhys?  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Reid isn't really *that* popular and is my favorite of your options.

Kane is NMS but since the spelling is different from the biblical Cain I don't think the association is too strong.

A couple of issues with Rainer:  1. as I understand it, in the German pronunciation the first syllable rhymes with "eye," which I think would cause difficulty because either you're a purist and you'll pronounce it that way, or you're not (and probably most Americans aren't), but you'll run into people who want to, and 2. to me, as a Seattle native, it looks close to (Mt.) Rainier, not that it's a bad association.

Ryder:  I strongly dislike this name, and FWIW it's way more popular than Reid.

DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Ryder is probably the only one I don't mind.

• Thank you sooo much!!! Please keep the feedback coming... It makes me more confident about leaving Reid on the list. I like Reid and Colin as well. I also really like Weston and Killian... I will have to run that by my husband...
  • I prefer Reid.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrsmaverick:
    FWIW, I really like Jameson and Reid (although you might not get much love for Jameson here on the board). I'm not really a fan of your other names. Ryder is the only one I kind of like.

Ditto all of this. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Kane is okay.  different but not in a bad way.

I love Reid though!

Pregnancy Ticker

• I do like the names on your list, but my favorite is Reid/Reed.

My older brother's name is Reed. I prefer it spelled this way. ;)

Also, I think that Reed pairs the best with Colin.

Mr. & Mrs. - Est. 10.03.2009

TTC #1 since 06.2011 Me-24 DH-24

12.2011 SA = Normal

06.2012 First visit with OB/GYN

10.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

11.2012 Clomid 50mg + TI = BFN

12.2012 Clomid 100mg + TI = BFN

01.2013 First visit with RE

02.2013 Clomid 150mg + TI = BFN

03.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

05.2013 Femara 5mg + TI = BFN

06.2013 Femara 7.5mg + TI = BFN

*Taking a break*  

• Not a fan of Kane or Rainer/Rayner. Ryder is okay. What about Rhys?
  • I like Reid a lot better than any of your other options.
  • I am partial to Reid (I have a Reed).  Even if you combine the spellings of Reed/Reid it is nowhere near as common as Colin/Collin.  I also don't think Colin is overused so I really don't think you have anything to worry about.  I liked Ryder for like a day once and then it sunk in with me that it just didn't seem classic at all and felt much more trendy (plus I always think of "ride her" too).  Good luck!
  • I like Jameson best.  Ryder would be second.  Don't like the others.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"