3rd Trimester
Options

XP-NBR...to kill the DH or not to?

XP to BMB! 

NBR...DH had to borrow his parents vehicle because his transmission blew. His car is currently torn apart on his side of the garage. He just called me at work and informed me that I will have to park outside because their SUV doesnt heat that well and he doesnt want it to be icy/cold in the morning. Am I wrong to be pissed? Oh and FYI...I have to be out of our house every morning by 745am to get our DS to school. He leaves earlier a few days and later (if at all) on others. Am I over reacting?

ETA: We are in Ohio where it is currently 18* and snowing off and on...

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP-NBR...to kill the DH or not to?

• Options

I'd be pissed. 

Our two car garage is currently mostly filled with boxes that we have yet to unpack from our move on November 28th. The one half of the garage that is clear is where I park, and then there's a little parking spot off to the side of the garage where FI parks his car. He has a remote start, and I don't. So really, it was a no-brainer that  would park in the garage and he would park in the spot. I also get DS off to daycare every morning.

I think the SUV is going to be okay to have to be heated up. If he were the one that were getting your DS off to school and leaving earlier, then I'd say suck it up.

Now, to KILL him over this, I'd say is overreacting. ;) Just explain the logic. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Canadian logic...can't he just plug the SUV in?  Or does it not have a block heater?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejacmahan:
    Canadian logic...can't he just plug the SUV in?  Or does it not have a block heater?

He said he might have to plug it in and that was why it would need to go in the garage...

• Options

Tell him to get an extension cord and park it out front! 

ETA: No use you, your bump and your DS being chilly, 3 against 1!

• Options
    If the SUV isn't a diesel and it's not bone chillingly cold to need plugged in, then chances are it will start just fine sitting outside.  I guarantee if he had to take little one anywhere when it was cold he would want his vehicle warm but since he doesn't he will be ok with a chilly vehicle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

I am going to (try) to very calmly ask him to at least start my car up on the mornings he leaves before me and give me the garage when he doesnt have to leave early. Im going to try to compromise with him. But I have been so irritable the past week or so and neither of us are dealing well with it! So we will see how calmly it goes...

• Options
    I would tell him that plan is fine as long as he gets up early enough to brush any snow off your car and start the heat before you need to leave.
  • Options

imagesarnic123:
    I would tell him that plan is fine as long as he gets up early enough to brush any snow off your car and start the heat before you need to leave.

Yes

Thats my plan!

• Options
    Our garage is filled with storage so we both park outside in the Minnesota winter. Can you warm your car up before getting in? If so I guess I don't see the big deal. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagenyki06:
    Our garage is filled with storage so we both park outside in the Minnesota winter. Can you warm your car up before getting in? If so I guess I don't see the big deal. 

Umm yeah this.  Our garage is filled with boxes and stuff right now so we are both parking outside.  I just go out and start the car before I have to leave.  It's not a big deal. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I guess my point is that we DO have a 2.5 car garage. That is one of the reasons we bought this house. It is intended to be parked in and is kept clean and organized so that both of our cars and mower along with other outdoor appliances/tools can be kept in it. We just installed the garage door openers last month because the doors were too heavy for me to lift.So why is it when HIS car breaks down and he borrows another one IM the one parking outside?!
  • Options

imageEyre2:
    I guess my point is that we DO have a 2.5 car garage. That is one of the reasons we bought this house. It is intended to be parked in and is kept clean and organized so that both of our cars and mower along with other outdoor appliances/tools can be kept in it. We just installed the garage door openers last month because the doors were too heavy for me to lift.So why is it when HIS car breaks down and he borrows another one IM the one parking outside?!

Maybe I missed something. Why can't the broken down car stay outside while it's waiting to get fixed?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagenyki06:

Maybe I missed something. Why can't the broken down car stay outside while it's waiting to get fixed?  

Its already torn apart to be fixed...he didnt realize it would take a month to get the money together for it...

• Options
    Extension cord & 50cc's of suck it up dude.  He's being ridic. 
  • Options

imagesofamonkey:

I knew there was a reason I loved seeing your comments Sofa! You totally just made me LOL...I needed that. Gives me strength to go home in 20 minutes and deal with DH...Lightning

• Options
    WHAT!? It's not even a discussion!? Oh, I don't think so!
  • Options

imageBride-hilda:
    WHAT!? It's not even a discussion!? Oh, I don't think so!

Exactly.

• Options
    imageMommaG123:

imagenyki06:

Umm yeah this.  Our garage is filled with boxes and stuff right now so we are both parking outside.  I just go out and start the car before I have to leave.  It's not a big deal. 

We don't even have a garage. I start my car every morning for 10 minutes to warm it up before i go out and it is NBD. It's simply part of my daily routine. I also live in Canada and our temp is going down to -40 degrees Celsius tonight. We plug our cars in at anything colder than minus 20, and I even *gasp* move my DHs car when he parks behind me instead of on the street when I have to go somewhere. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageEyre2:

imagesofamonkey:

I knew there was a reason I loved seeing your comments Sofa! You totally just made me LOL...I needed that. Gives me strength to go home in 20 minutes and deal with DH...Lightning

Totally see your point! I'd be pissed! What happened to chivalry?  

Me: 32
    DH: 35
    DD #1: 6/1/2013
    EDD #2: 6/7/2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Options
    imageAimeeSue02:
    imageEyre2:

imagesofamonkey:

Totally see your point! I'd be pissed! What happened to chivalry?  

Dude, it died. 
  • Options
    "Sure honey, I'll park in the driveway, and then I'LL be taking your parents car to work in the morning.  Thanks for thinking of me!"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker   

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Can someone give me a quick breakdown of plugging a car in? We live in Texas so I'm not exactly familiar with the whole plugging in process. I will say we lived in Chicago for a year in an apartment without a garage, DH always left first and I took DD to daycare- DH scraped my windshield before he left for work
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

It gets so cold that our cars have to fitted with block heaters. Essentially they keep the battery and oil warm enough to start the car. Without them in weather below -20 degrees Celsius, most cars won't start. So we have to plug the block heaters in at night so they will still run in the morning. 

Mine froze up so bad at Christmas, I had to recharge the battery because I didn't plug mine in. Some people who had this problem would even have to buy new batteries because they refused to hold a charge anymore. One day it got so cold, the tow truck companies in our city had a 6 hour wait just to get boosted or towed.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"