3rd Trimester
Options

Redoing Hardwood Floors

So I'm pretty upset with myself. I decided to redo my hardwood floors recently. I've had to do it in sections so as not to move all the furniture. It never even occurred to me that it could be that harmful for the baby. :/ It's not that I didn't even think about him, but when I painted the baby's room my OB said that as long as it was well ventilated it would be fine, so I was thinking along those same lines. When I was telling someone that I was redoing the floors they were telling me how dangerous the fumes are.

I've been looking up online today about it and the general census is that it is not good to do. What do you ladies think?

They will get finished-just not by me anymore! I'm just worried about my little guy now :( 

-an upset FTM 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Redoing Hardwood Floors

• Options
    Why do pregnant women overreact so much???

Your baby is fine
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

Well, now you know :)  I'd be a teensy worried, too, but I trust your LO will be fine. It's not like you're doing this 12 hours a day or anything! 

PS, I secretly worry about my LO, because I got a cat before realizing I was pregnant, and have totally cleaned the litter box more than once without gloves or a mask. Obviously, I take those precautions now, but still. *sigh*  

Moral of the story: don't fret. The fact that you give a crap means you'll be a great mom :)  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageRunaway22:
    Well, now you know : nbsp;I'd be a teensy worried, too, but I trust your LO will be fine. It's not like you're doing this 12 hours a day or anything!nbsp;PS, I secretly worry about my LO, because I got a cat before realizing I was pregnant, and have totally cleaned the litter box more than once without gloves or a mask. Obviously, I take those precautions now, but still. sigh nbsp;Moral of the story: don't fret. The fact that you give a crap means you'll be a great mom : nbsp;

You can change a litter box without gloves or a mask. You just need to wash your hands after.

I think ppl need to realize that if the human race was this fragile, how could we ever survive? You're around radiation, pollutants, fumes all the time, and yet babies still come out just fine
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I totally get your concern, we re-did our hardwood floors this past summer and the fumes were STRONG. Much stronger than paint. I'm sure your baby is fine but maybe talk to your OB just to ease your mind. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"