Cloth Diapering

Tide... OMG

I really loved my cd detergent for the first 6-8 months we cd'd. Enough so that when I found a really good sale on it I bought a ton. Then we moved and my beloved detergent no longer worked. I tried more, I tried less. Still lots of stink. And 6 bags left. So I decided to pick up some Tide to use until I figure this out. Holy perfume batman! I'm running a load of laundry with it now and I cannot believe how strong it smells. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to use this... Going to run a load of diapers next, and if it works I'll just have to deal but I can't imagine buying more. 

Thanks for reading my mini vent. 

OHM born 12/16/11, BAM born 1/10/14, mmc 06/30/15
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tide... OMG

• imagesecondaryPULSE:
    Don't worry. Most of the scent rinses out.

That's good to hear. My laundry room is very fragrant right now. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The powder does have a pretty strong smell. My mom has always used liquid Tide, so that's what I always used as well. I bought the powder for the first time to use with my cloth diapers, and it's so much more scented. Sometimes I add an extra rinse (so a 3rd rinse - I do 2 rinses on everything), and it helps a lot. One nice thing about Tide is that I rarely have stains with it, and I don't usually remember to treat things.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, this is why I use Tide Free. I can't stand the reek of regular.
  • imagetokenhoser:
    Yeah, this is why I use Tide Free. I can't stand the reek of regular.

Is there a powder version of Tide Free? Does it work as well as the original? I have really hard water so I need something powerful but I wouldn't mind going without the flowery smell. 

• Yes there is a powder version called Tide Free & Clear. I can find it in most grocery stores and Wal-Mart should have it, too.
  • Tide gives us horrible ammonia issues. Every time I use it, I regret it.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Tide solved all my problems in one wash.

And yes, I'm using Tide Free & Clear powder. Seems to be fine, although I'll reserve my praise for a few months to see how it really works out.

• imagetokenhoser:
    Yeah, this is why I use Tide Free. I can't stand the reek of regular.

This is me too, except I sent DH to pick up the groceries this week b/c I've been put on bedrest... and he came home with this gigantic bottle of Purex Mountain Spring Scent, lol.

We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I was also worried about the scent, but it was very mild after they we're washed and dried. [prefolds]
    Chad and Fawn

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Anniversary

• Ok, after finishing the diaper laundry and giving it a sniff I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that the dipes smell a lot like Tide. The good news is that they no longer smell like poop, which is kind of what I was going for. The real test will be what the smell like after DS has gone pee in them, and whether or not his baby skin can handle the perfumed detergent. If it ends up working out I'll be testing out the free and clear version next.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"