February 2012 Moms
Options

Dessert rut

We have a surprise welcome home from the Navy party to go to tomorrow night. I need to bring a dessert. I'm tired of brownies and I really, really hate making cookies. Too much sustained effort to scoop out all the individual cookies. Yes, I am that lazy. 

I'm at a loss for what to make. Got any ideas/recipes? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Dessert rut

• Options
    imagemirroredimage:

Slutty Brownies

why are you trying to kill my diet?  Stick out tongue

there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageuws22:
    imagemirroredimage:

Slutty Brownies

This exactly. {drools} Thanks for all the ideas!  

• Options
    imagemirroredimage:
    imagejoie12:
    imageuws22:
    imagemirroredimage:

Slutty Brownies

This exactly. {drools} Thanks for all the ideas!  

I was just trying to help! Angel  They are SUPER rich so you could probably cut them into tiny bite sized pieces and only have 1 or 2.

I made these ater seeing the recipe on pinterest but I called them Floosies (a little bit of a nicer term!)  I actually wasn't that impressed.  I didn't think you could really taste the chocolate chip cookie part and it just tasted like a dark chocolate brownie to me.  The idea and telling people what was in it was better than the end result IMO.  Still people got a big kick out of it.

I like making the oreo truffles - 1 package of oreos, crushed mixed with 8 oz. of softened cream cheese. Mix them together well and put back in the fridge to firm up.  Then scoop and roll into 1 in balls.  Then dip into white chocolate and place back into fridge to harden.  Yum-O!

• Options
    These oreo truffles - about how long would you say it takes to firm up? I only have a toal of 90 minutes to bake tonight. 
  • Options
    Cherry cheese pie...

Graham cracker pie crust, 1pkg cream cheese, sweeten condensed milk, lemon juice, cherry pie filling

Let cream cheese soften to room temp, mix with milk until smooth. Add lemon juice to taste...you want it to be a little bit tart but not real lemony. Pour mix into pie crust and top with pie filling.

Pretty cheap, and super easy, so it wouldn't be a big deal to make a couple if you needed more than one.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Lemon Bars... I usually buy a box kit (krusteaz) but i have used recipes before form online.

Lemon Bar

IVF #1 - DS #1 Born 2/5/12 IVF #2 - Egg Retrieval 2/14, Embryo Transfer 2/17, BFP 2/28/13 Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"