2nd Trimester
Options

First Prenatal Massage

OK I just have to tell everyone about this wonderful spa called Sweet Momma's that caters to pregnant clients! I had a massage and my therapist didn't just give me a super relaxing massage but also an amazing education while there. 

Three things she suggested:

1) Sitting on a fitness ball for at least 30 minutes to engage your back and pelvic muscles. *I've been sitting on mine for about 20 mins now and didn't realize how weak my lower back was. Here's to strengthening!

2) Epsom Salt Baths - For aches, swelling, and super soft skin!

3) Pelvic stretches - to relax those muscles, especially close to deliver. Said it would help with delivery.

One top of all that she showed me several different ways to lay down, so you don't have to be on one side all the time. I will definitely be going back during my pregnancy. Hopefully often!

Has anyone else heard any great tips from services? 

Re: First Prenatal Massage

• Options

Thanks so much for sharing the suggestions! :)  I've been thinking about getting a ball...

I wish there was a great massage place here!

• Options
    Lucky you! Thanks for sharing!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was actually going to try to schedule a massage for Saturday-  I'll let you know if I learn anything else that is helpful.  Something that you may be interested in is going to a chiropractor.  Of course, I checked with my doctor first, and he was absolutely ok with me going to our mutual chiropractor.  The chiropractor told me that I could come to see him throughout my pregnancy, and he would adjust me to make sure that my pelvis stays level.  He told me that if it is level when I go into labor, it makes it easier for your pelvis to spread apart, etc.  He told me that he even had a lady who was on her way to the hospital, in labor, and she stopped first at his office to get adjusted just in case! He was like "of course, I'm not recommending you do THAT, but we can work on you for the next several months and try to make it easier."
  • Options
    I got my 1st this week too! Whooo hoop loved it! I'm in TX I went to Blooming Pregnancy. Highly recommend them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Im so going to look it.up and see if something is in my area. Im really achy.
  • Options
    I got my 1st prenatal massage this week too!  It was amazing!  Highly recommend it.  I went to Joseph's Salon and Spa in Louisville KY.  My massage therapist recommended that even after I have the baby, I should continue to have my back massaged while laying on my side...because I have some tender areas in my neck that did not bother me much when I was lying on my side.  Good tip that I'll definitely use in the future.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks guys! This got me motivated to find a massage place near me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"