Potty Training
Options

Recommendations for a potty for boys?

Can anyone recommend a potty they like for boys?  I just read reviews on amazon for several products, which all said not good for boys.  Is it just harder to train boys b/c of having to "aim" vs sitting?

Re: Recommendations for a potty for boys?

• Options

We use the Prince Lionheart potty seats that suction cup right on the regular toilet seat.  They sell them at Target, and they are super easy to use.  We have a Sesame Street potty we used for about a day, because my son would pee right over the the front of it.  The Sesame Street potty does make a nice step-stool so he can wash his hands, though :)

https://www.target.com/p/prince-lionheart-gray-weepod-basix-ash/-/A-13820868#prodSlot=medium_1_20&term=prince lionheart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We have two, one is a Cars 2 toilet seat ring that fits right on the regular toilet.  It has a splash guard so the pee doesn't get everywhere.

We aslo have a froggy looking potty seat from Target, it also has a splash guard.

Both work finen and we haven't had any issues.  We also are training LO to push his penis down, so when we are out in places that don't have splash guards, we don't get wet

A kiss he will never forget- Disney World 2014

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I've heard many mixed reviews on potty's and I think it also has to do with how you train them.

My mom was really confused to hear all these people training their boys by letting them stand up and "aim."

She says when my brothers were young and she trained them (80's), no one she knew did that. That they always sat them on the potty the same way you would train a girl. So I don't know if this is a newer thing with people potty training by standing their boys up, but that will probably be a big difference in what kind of potty you get, related to how you decide you want to train I'd imagine.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"