TTC after 35

IUI next week and scheduling laparoscopy

SO RE wanted to do my u/s today, and not the nurse. Which was good and disturbing at the same time...but I am glad he did, we created our next steps. My follies today were only about 11's but I have lots of them, he said the eggs aren't a problem, those I have but it could be the PID from 20 years ago with scarred fallopian tubes or endometriosis.

SO I go back monday for u/s probably do IUI on the wednesday which is cd21.

We are scehduling laparoscopy for late February/ early March. of course if I get a BFP this month lap is canceled! Oh then injectibles after lap....told him we couldn't do IVF...that changed his whole game plan, so in theory we have one more cycle after this..hope I don't need it!

Fingers crossed for a BFP cause I don't want this surgery, has anyone else had it what was it like?

Qzee my appt was canceled! So I won't meet you in waiting room!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
3 cycles clomid with Ob,
1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

Re: IUI next week and scheduling laparoscopy

• Really hoping you don't need the lab and you get your BFP this month!!!

Had a similar experience yesterday at the RE.  My bloodwork came back good which is good news.  He did the ultrasound yesterday and my uterus looks good & no signs of cysts which is great!  However, he had a hard time finding my left ovary because it was way farther away than it should have been and he suspects that it is because of endometriosis.  The other concerning thing was that my cervix has narrowed as a result of the biopsy that I had done almost a year ago.  He was unable to get the cath through to do the saline infusion.  I was already scheduled for a hysterscopy on Monday so he will see how that goes and we can chat about what's next then. 

So I have a feeling that lap will be in my future as well.  Fingers crossed for both of us!

Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • First and foremost, fingers crossed for a BFP!

IF you have to do a lap, it will just get you closer to your goal and give your doctor information to help you. 

I never had laparoscopy, but I had a myomectomy (surgery to remove fibroids) and that was no walk in the park. Keep us posted...

• Loading the player...
  • Sorry I won't get to meet you, but glad they moved your appt up.  Sorry about rx for the lap - that sux, but I guess it may answer your IF problem.  Hopefully you will get a BFP this cycle & don't need any thing else Smile

IUI at cd21 - is that normal or is it because you have long cycles? 

Robbensm - how odd about your ovary, is this common?  Good luck with your  hysterscopy on Monday.  I hope we all get our BFP this cycle & move on to Preg over 35...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry, I cant' help with your questions, just wanted to let you know my FX for you!! GL!

me:40; DH:41; 4/30/12 1st visit with RE; 6/30/12 IUI #1 BFN; 7/19/12 IUI cancelled (overmedicated); 8/2/12 IUI cancelled (cyst); 9/1/12 IUI #2 BFP! EDD 5/28/13; 10/9/12 1st U/S at 7w3d--missed m/c (trisomy 16) D&C 10/19/12; karyotyping results normal!; 1/31/13 IUI #3 BFP! EDD 10/25/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Good Luck with your IUI and getting a BFP, so no need for this surgery....  :)

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Thankyou ladies for the good wishes!

My Ovulation Chart

3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Wishing you lots of luck with the IUI :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Good luck Heather!  Not sure about the temp spike - particularly annoying as I'm sure it's close to your O day?  

I haven't had a lap but when I was preparing for my hysteroscopy I found a bunch of lap info over on 3T and infertility and it was detailed and helpful.

Me: 37 DH: 37 TTC since Jan 2012. RE consult and initial testing done in Aug 2012: SA fine, AMH 1.1 & HSG clear - on way to IUI but got BFP on 9/10/2012. m/c 10/3/2012 at 6w5d. BFP next cycle which was a c/p. IUI #1: Clomid 100mg 12/6= BFN. IUI#2 (unmedicated) Jan 2013 = BFN. Hysteroscopy 1/25/13. IUI#3 Clomid 100mg 2/23 = BFN IUI# 4: BFN. IVF #1 April 2013, BFP!  EDD 1/12/14 with Boy!
  • Qzees - I do seem to have a very long pre O cycle, last month O's at cd16 was more of an anomoly for me, but really I guess everything about my cycles are off from the norm :)

Lenox - I think the spike was a low grade fever, i woke up sick that day, not tossing the numbers just yet - I mean I have never had a temp in the 98 pre O and after O only 2x! So that is a very strange spike, especially since yesterday the u/s showed I was days away from O!

My Ovulation Chart

3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12

Miscarriage 4/23/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"