June 2012 Moms
Options

TTC or Pregnant yet?

I know it's been talked about a bit but where is everyone? I'm torn between TTC and not. I want to give DS a lot of time but I also want them close in age. Hmmmmm.  Hard decision! Not going to lie my crazy birth experience is also a bit off-putting.

Re: TTC or Pregnant yet?

• Options
    I am 24 weeks pregnant. NOT what we planned but sometimes what you plan doesn't always happen. We were using contraception(in fact 2) but one night of no kids and drinking BC was forgotten one time and thats all it took. The biggest thing I'm afraid of is having c-sections so close together. I do like that the boys will be close in age but the first year will be difficult.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Part of me thinks its smart to smoosh all the baby years together so that my body is not on loan for the next 10 years.  I think it's either drag it out and have it be hard for a long time or get them close together and have it be realllly hard for a shorter period of time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No to both. I think we're going to ttc after this summer. My husband really would have preferred for me to already be pregnant. I don't mind being pregnant, but due to having no real family network and living in a new state, I am a bit weary about going about this again. The newborn stages scare the crap out of me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSamiantha101:
    No to both. I think we're going to ttc after this summer. My husband really would have preferred for me to already be pregnant. I don't mind being pregnant, but due to having no real family network and living in a new state, I am a bit weary about going about this again. The newborn stages scare the crap out of me.

I know what you mean! The first 4 months was soooooo hard that I kind of just want to really enjoy DS now before jumping in again. I feel like I just started really enjoying motherhood and getting the hang of it! 

• Options

Noooooooo.

We're a good 18 months from TTC #2. I love DS and look forward to having another baby - and at times I even miss being pregnant. But not enough to actually do it again anytime soon.

• Options
    TTC now.  This is my first pp cycle so I am not expecting much.  I am really hoping by dd's 1st birthday.
    imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • Options
    This is about the age DD1 was at where I started itching for another one. I'd LOVE a boy but after two girls I can't help but feel like the third would be a girl too. The newborn stage SUCKS. DD2 was (and still is) high needs. I'm happy with my two and I'm 90% sure we're done.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hell to the no! lol Stick out tongue We were "thinking" about trying for #2 when DS turned 1 but we have sort of chucked that idea out the window.  DH deploys at the end of the year so we're going to wait till he comes back to try for #2. 

Even if I had wanted to try now it's still a no go....I haven't had a period yet, yay breastfeeding! Big Smile

• Options

we' re in the beginning stages of the adoption process. We hope to enter the ' waiting pool' in September. From there it could happen any time, but could also take several years. It would be awesome if our kids could be less than 4 years apart. We'll see!

Michelle, just curious how this pregnancy compares with your previous one?  

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Sadly, unless DH decides to give up his home office for another bedroom or we move, I think we're a single-child family. I've heard too many horror stories about room sharing lately.

• Options
    TTC here... First cycle so we will see how it goes. If I was not 36 I'd prob wait at least 6 more mths to ttc again.

Eta it's funny, I often think about how another baby will effect my older dd who is 8, and that I will have even less time for her. Just last night for the first time did I think about how it will effect lo. How she will have to share her toys, share me, at such a young age. I hope that's not a struggle!
  • Options

Yes we are TTC!  Hoping for # 2 and then #3 after that sooner than later. I'm 34 so we don't want to wait too long!

Good luck to anyone else TTC right now!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageSamiantha101:

DH and I planned to have 2 before we got pregnant with DS, but lately we've both been thinking maybe 1and done. The last year has been so hard on us with me getting out of the Army after 12 years, moving to a new state far away from my family but only a few hours of his, DH getting a new job, me SAH with DS and our 3 crazy dogs, me never having the chance to make friends or get outside help from anyone, etc. Then there's the financial hardships on top of that. I start massage therapy school in 2 weeks so I'll be able to get a job after I graduate in September. I'm also joining the National Guard so that'll at least pay for daycare, and get me a pension after 8 more years. I would still like to give DS a sibling someday, but there will be absolutely no TTC plans or conversations for the foreseeable future.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

NOOOOOO

DD2 was a very difficult child (reflux, colic and mspi). If and that is a big IF we decide to have one more, it won't be until DD2 is around 2-3 years old. DD1 is about 2.5 years older than DD2 and I like that spacing. Any closer and I think I would have gone nuts.

Both DH and myself have days where we want one more and days where we say we are done.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think we might try for baby #2 in early 2014.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagestepper1725:

we' re in the beginning stages of the adoption process. We hope to enter the ' waiting pool' in September. From there it could happen any time, but could also take several years. It would be awesome if our kids could be less than 4 years apart. We'll see!

Michelle, just curious how this pregnancy compares with your previous one?  

I am tired ALOT more. Of course I didn't have a LO waking up in the middle of the night(still). I was also more nauseous in the 1st trimester. I have been more irritable this time around too but I blame that partly on the whole being pregnant 14 out of the last 16 months and hormones never having the chance to go away. Last pregnancy I gained 40lbs. So far only gained about 8-9 so far but I had only lost 10 between. My OB is not too worried because I'm eating better this time but did tell me I need to gain a little more in the 3rd tri. 

• Options

Nope but I had my tubes tied. I've been pg most of the last 4 years and I'm done. 3 boys so close in age is more then enough for this mommy. 

For those having or trying to have 2U2, the first little bit is hard but it's so awesome once they can play together. DS1 and DS2 play so much together which gave me time for ds3. It's so nice. There is a lot of wrestling in our house and some fighting but I would never change it for anything.  

BFP 12/23/07, M/C 1/25/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemichelle04us:

I am tired ALOT more. Of course I didn't have a LO waking up in the middle of the night(still). I was also more nauseous in the 1st trimester. I have been more irritable this time around too but I blame that partly on the whole being pregnant 14 out of the last 16 months and hormones never having the chance to go away. Last pregnancy I gained 40lbs. So far only gained about 8-9 so far but I had only lost 10 between. My OB is not too worried because I'm eating better this time but did tell me I need to gain a little more in the 3rd tri. 

I can't even imagine! I'm exhausted most days and I've just got the one LO. Looks like you're over halfway there though, good luck!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagestepper1725:
    imagemichelle04us:

I can't even imagine! I'm exhausted most days and I've just got the one LO. Looks like you're over halfway there though, good luck!

Thanks! And this will actually be the 4th child between FI and I. He has a 9 1/2 yo daughter and I have a 7 yo son. So on top of being pregnant and having James we have school functions and after-school activities to deal with. Certainly looking forward to warmer weather so we can send them outside for playtime. 

• Options
    I'm getting my Implanon taken out on Wednesday and am hoping to get pregnant in March!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    I'm torn. I wanted to wait until She was 2 but I have the urge to get pregnant. My daughter started sleeping through the night at 6 weeks and hardly cries. I'm afraid she's so good that the next child will be a monster. I think we'll start TTC in August. I'll be 36 in June so I don't have much time to play with. 
  • Options
    We plan to pull the goalie when DS is 1 and actively try in Sept. No cycle yet, but we'll se...
  • Options

imageGnadtkins:
    We plan to pull the goalie when DS is 1 and actively try in Sept. No cycle yet, but we'll se...

LOL! I love the hockey reference.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    i love have 2 under 2. The first few months were hard but it is fun now DD is so cute with DS.  I sorta want a third but not sure we will talk about it more when DS is a year to 18 months.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    no and no. we pushed back ttc until her birthday. a huge part of it is breastfeeding. i'm worried my supply will tank. also i haven't had a period yet due to breastfeeding
    Audrey is going to be a big sister!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm 11 weeks pregnant today.  My preference would be to have had kids around 2 years apart, but since I turn 40 in early March, my RE and OB both recommended getting started again ASAP.  Luckily, we were successful on the first try with IVF again.

They will be about 14.5 months apart, and I'm expecting a difficult first year, and am hopeful that they will become close and play together well.  

Luckily DD has been a dream child: STTN at 6.5 weeks, rarely fussy, and highly adaptable.  So, even if #2 is her polar opposite, I'm hopeful I can count on her to continue to adapt and be her usual good self.

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"